Map out your weeknight meals with these recipes from Mark Bittman. Here, he makes four dishes that require only one grocery list: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous, grilled chicken with cilantro and lime, poached fish in ratatouille, and chicken enchiladas.
2 whole chickens
2 fish steaks
More from TODAY.com
Fallen Marine's tribute flag is found in flea market, given to his mom
Lanie Brown was at her local flea market in Texas, hoping to find a good deal, when she came across something much more pr...
- Prince's 'Purple Rain' turns 30: Can U Believe it?
- For 6-year-old Alex, 3-D printing means a new arm
- First picture of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman revealed at Comic-Con
- Skip the last bite: When you clean your plate, you just add weight
- Fallen Marine's tribute flag is found in flea market, given to his mom
4 medium poblano chiles
2 or 3 serrano chiles (optional)
2 red or green bell peppers
2 cans whole tomatoes
1 ½ to 2 lbs. eggplant
8 cups chickpeas or cannellini beans
½ cup kalamata olives
Fresh parsley or dill
Peanut oil (or grapeseed)
Mexican or other oregano
Crushed red pepper (optional)Recipe: Monday: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous (on this page) Recipe: Tuesday: Grilled or broiled chicken with cilantro and lime (on this page) Recipe: Wednesday: Poached fish in ratatouille (on this page) Recipe: Thursday: Chicken enchiladas (on this page)
© 2013 NBCNews