Map out your weeknight meals with these recipes from Mark Bittman. Here, he makes four dishes that require only one grocery list: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous, grilled chicken with cilantro and lime, poached fish in ratatouille, and chicken enchiladas.
2 whole chickens
2 fish steaks
More from TODAY.com
Derek Jeter tells TODAY: ‘I consider myself young again’
In an exclusive interview with TODAY co-anchor Matt Lauer airing Wednesday on TODAY, five-time World Series champion Derek...
- Aretha Franklin covers Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep': Who did it best?
- CDC confirms first Ebola case in U.S.
- Joan Lunden opens up about 'very complicated' breast cancer battle
- 'Bachelorette' Ashley Hebert welcomes baby boy with J.P. Rosenbaum
- Derek Jeter tells TODAY: ‘I consider myself young again’
4 medium poblano chiles
2 or 3 serrano chiles (optional)
2 red or green bell peppers
2 cans whole tomatoes
1 ½ to 2 lbs. eggplant
8 cups chickpeas or cannellini beans
½ cup kalamata olives
Fresh parsley or dill
Peanut oil (or grapeseed)
Mexican or other oregano
Crushed red pepper (optional)Recipe: Monday: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous (on this page) Recipe: Tuesday: Grilled or broiled chicken with cilantro and lime (on this page) Recipe: Wednesday: Poached fish in ratatouille (on this page) Recipe: Thursday: Chicken enchiladas (on this page)
© 2013 NBCNews