Map out your weeknight meals with these recipes from Mark Bittman. Here, he makes four dishes that require only one grocery list: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous, grilled chicken with cilantro and lime, poached fish in ratatouille, and chicken enchiladas.
2 whole chickens
2 fish steaks
More from TODAY.com
TODAY's Takeaway: Natalie celebrates Boston Marathon triumphs; Willie rings in Earth Day
On TODAY on Tuesday, Boston Marathon participants reflect on the event's import, and eco-friendly tips abound for Earth Day.
- 'Incredible': Runners with dwarfism on return to Boston Marathon
- Girl power: Drew Barrymore welcomes her second daughter
- 'Utter freedom': Paralyzed woman surfs duct-taped to friend's back
- Snoop Dogg loves Brian Williams' rap of 'Gin and Juice'
- TODAY's Takeaway: Natalie celebrates Boston Marathon triumphs; Willie rings in Earth Day
4 medium poblano chiles
2 or 3 serrano chiles (optional)
2 red or green bell peppers
2 cans whole tomatoes
1 ½ to 2 lbs. eggplant
8 cups chickpeas or cannellini beans
½ cup kalamata olives
Fresh parsley or dill
Peanut oil (or grapeseed)
Mexican or other oregano
Crushed red pepper (optional)Recipe: Monday: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous (on this page) Recipe: Tuesday: Grilled or broiled chicken with cilantro and lime (on this page) Recipe: Wednesday: Poached fish in ratatouille (on this page) Recipe: Thursday: Chicken enchiladas (on this page)
© 2013 NBCNews