Map out your weeknight meals with these recipes from Mark Bittman. Here, he makes four dishes that require only one grocery list: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous, grilled chicken with cilantro and lime, poached fish in ratatouille, and chicken enchiladas.
2 whole chickens
2 fish steaks
More from TODAY.com
Natalie Morales visits 'Fifty Shades of Grey' set — and learns a naughty word
Natalie Morales dropped by the movie's Vancouver, Canada, set for an exclusive tour — and she learned a new naughty word i...
- Madonna Badger marries, 2 years after tragic fire
- 17 siblings split $20 million jackpot, fullfilling late-mom's wish
- Mystery of dolls left on doorsteps of California homes is solved
- A tat for Matt? Many TODAY viewers say #MattTattooYes!
- Natalie Morales visits 'Fifty Shades of Grey' set — and learns a naughty word
4 medium poblano chiles
2 or 3 serrano chiles (optional)
2 red or green bell peppers
2 cans whole tomatoes
1 ½ to 2 lbs. eggplant
8 cups chickpeas or cannellini beans
½ cup kalamata olives
Fresh parsley or dill
Peanut oil (or grapeseed)
Mexican or other oregano
Crushed red pepper (optional)Recipe: Monday: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous (on this page) Recipe: Tuesday: Grilled or broiled chicken with cilantro and lime (on this page) Recipe: Wednesday: Poached fish in ratatouille (on this page) Recipe: Thursday: Chicken enchiladas (on this page)
© 2013 NBCNews