Map out your weeknight meals with these recipes from Mark Bittman. Here, he makes four dishes that require only one grocery list: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous, grilled chicken with cilantro and lime, poached fish in ratatouille, and chicken enchiladas.
2 whole chickens
2 fish steaks
More from TODAY.com
TODAY's Takeaway: Shooting victim's mom affirms faith; Natalie says Boston's 'ready to run'
A woman whose son and father were killed Sunday in an apparent hate crime shooting told Savannah her Christian faith has h...
- Grieving dad wants other parents to share 'stolen moment' with their kids
- Jon Hamm gets emotional on 'Sesame Street'
- Tracy Morgan advises Alec Baldwin: 'Chill out, raise your family'
- Best cheap cities for raising a family
- TODAY's Takeaway: Shooting victim's mom affirms faith; Natalie says Boston's 'ready to run'
4 medium poblano chiles
2 or 3 serrano chiles (optional)
2 red or green bell peppers
2 cans whole tomatoes
1 ½ to 2 lbs. eggplant
8 cups chickpeas or cannellini beans
½ cup kalamata olives
Fresh parsley or dill
Peanut oil (or grapeseed)
Mexican or other oregano
Crushed red pepper (optional)Recipe: Monday: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous (on this page) Recipe: Tuesday: Grilled or broiled chicken with cilantro and lime (on this page) Recipe: Wednesday: Poached fish in ratatouille (on this page) Recipe: Thursday: Chicken enchiladas (on this page)
© 2013 NBCNews