Map out your weeknight meals with these recipes from Mark Bittman. Here, he makes four dishes that require only one grocery list: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous, grilled chicken with cilantro and lime, poached fish in ratatouille, and chicken enchiladas.
2 whole chickens
2 fish steaks
More from TODAY.com
Say Cheese! Obama pardons turkey from 'terrible and delicious fate'
The president spared an adorably-named pair of turkeys on Wednesday during an annual White House tradition in honor of Tha...
- Need a last-minute Thanksgiving side? Grab a recipe here!
- Family finds comfort hearing son's heart beat in another man's chest
- Which turkey will the White House pardon? You can choose on Twitter
- Bride holds hospital wedding so dying mom can attend
- Say Cheese! Obama pardons turkey from 'terrible and delicious fate'
4 medium poblano chiles
2 or 3 serrano chiles (optional)
2 red or green bell peppers
2 cans whole tomatoes
1 ½ to 2 lbs. eggplant
8 cups chickpeas or cannellini beans
½ cup kalamata olives
Fresh parsley or dill
Peanut oil (or grapeseed)
Mexican or other oregano
Crushed red pepper (optional)Recipe: Monday: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous (on this page) Recipe: Tuesday: Grilled or broiled chicken with cilantro and lime (on this page) Recipe: Wednesday: Poached fish in ratatouille (on this page) Recipe: Thursday: Chicken enchiladas (on this page)
© 2013 NBCNews