Map out your weeknight meals with these recipes from Mark Bittman. Here, he makes four dishes that require only one grocery list: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous, grilled chicken with cilantro and lime, poached fish in ratatouille, and chicken enchiladas.
2 whole chickens
2 fish steaks
More from TODAY.com
William Shatner remembers Leonard Nimoy: 'Precious gem of a man'
WIlliam Shatner took to Twitter on Sunday to remember his friend and fellow "Star Trek" co-star, Leonard Nimoy, who died o...
- 'SNL' draws criticism with ISIS sketch
- Popular dad blogger who found 'Heaven on Earth' dies from lung cancer
- Cross-country coach with 9 national titles focuses on 'selflessness'
- Ice climbers ascend Iowa silos' challenging frozen walls
- William Shatner remembers Leonard Nimoy: 'Precious gem of a man'
4 medium poblano chiles
2 or 3 serrano chiles (optional)
2 red or green bell peppers
2 cans whole tomatoes
1 ½ to 2 lbs. eggplant
8 cups chickpeas or cannellini beans
½ cup kalamata olives
Fresh parsley or dill
Peanut oil (or grapeseed)
Mexican or other oregano
Crushed red pepper (optional)Recipe: Monday: Stewed vegetables, tomatoes and beans with couscous (on this page) Recipe: Tuesday: Grilled or broiled chicken with cilantro and lime (on this page) Recipe: Wednesday: Poached fish in ratatouille (on this page) Recipe: Thursday: Chicken enchiladas (on this page)