- Well: How Exercise May Protect Against Depression
- Detailing Financial Links of Doctors and Drug Makers
- Ebola Is Diagnosed in Texas, First Case Found in the U.S.
- Limb Frailty in Children Is Studied for Link to Virus
- Nigeria’s Actions Seem to Contain Ebola Outbreak
- Advocacy Groups Challenge Studios Over Smoking in Youth-Rated Movies
From the moment you hear the words ‘You have breast cancer,’ it’s almost like you’re shot out of a cannon. Here are 10 things I wish I knew before I was diagnosed.
In the United States an estimated 296,000 women and 2,240 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year and almost 40,000 women and 410 men will die of the disease. That's one death every 14 minutes, according to the National Breast Cancer Coalition.