Recipe: Chicken primavera with linguine
- 1 oz. uncooked linguine or fettuccine
- 1 (16-oz.) jar Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 lb. chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup fresh baby carrots (quartered)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 medium red bell pepper (cut into bite-sized strips)
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Optional: Parmesan cheese
Cook linguine per directions on package. Drain; cover to keep warm.
While the pasta is cooking, spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink in middle, continuing to stir.
Add carrots, peas, mushrooms, bell pepper, and 1/2 cup water to skillet. Bring it to a boil. Then turn down heat; cover and simmer for about 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender but a little crisp. Drain and return chicken and vegetables to the skillet.
Stir in Alfredo sauce, milk and basil. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Serve chicken mixture over linguine. If desired, sprinkle with shredded fresh Parmesan cheese.