Recipe: Salmon croquettes with lemon caper sauce
- 1 cup cooked salmon, diced
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon drained bottled capers
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl, add salmon, sweet potatoes, salt and pepper, 1 beaten egg, mix thoroughly and form into oblong croquettes.
In a second bowl add the flour, and in a third bowl the beaten eggs, and finally in a fourth bowl add the bread crumbs.
Dip croquettes into flour, beaten egg mixture, then the bread crumbs, and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter over low to medium heat and fry croquettes, turning occasionally until golden brown. Transfer salmon croquettes to a platter, set aside and keep warm, and loosely covered.
In the same skillet, add the remaining butter, wine, and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil, and stir in the capers and parsley, remove from heat and drizzle croquettes with lemon caper sauce and serve.
Serves 6 to 8