DES MOINES, Iowa — An Iowa grower is recalling grape tomatoes distributed in stores in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan because they may contain salmonella.
More from TODAY.com
Quick, easy tips to sick-proof your home for cold and flu season
We are heading into fall, which means we are also heading into yet another cold and flu season. But don't just cross your ...
- What would Kathie Lee and Hoda be without Kathie Lee or Hoda? Hilarious, apparently
- ‘I look like a movie star’: Woman's Ambush Makeover at age 77 brings everyone to tears
- How young is too young to play alone outside? Texas case sparks debate on TODAY
- Wife honors husband who helps her fight Parkinson’s with love
- Quick, easy tips to sick-proof your home for cold and flu season
Menno Beachy, of Cresco, issued a recall on Wednesday for one pint containers of labeled Menno Beachy Certified Organic Grape Tomatoes.
Beachy says he sent tomatoes from his farm and a nearby farm to a food distributor in Minnesota. The distributor sent 15 cases of 12 one-pint containers of the affected tomatoes to stores in the three states between July 26 and Aug. 6.
No illnesses have been reported.
Beachy says he became of aware of the health risk after the Minnesota Department of Agriculture collected a sample from the Minnesota distributor that was found to be contaminated.
Consumers should discard the tomatoes or return them to the store.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.