DES MOINES, Iowa — An Iowa grower is recalling grape tomatoes distributed in stores in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan because they may contain salmonella.
More from TODAY.com
Love for Liza: Young woman battling terminal cancer gets dream wedding
On Thanksgiving, Liza Haynie Heaton went to the hospital with stomach pains, only to receive news that no one can prepare ...
- Parents hand out goody bags to apologize in advance for baby on flight
- Hunting for L.L. Bean 'duck' boots? Try these 4 cute alternatives
- See how these 4 people lost over 100 pounds each — and kept it off!
- 7 anti-aging foods you should be eating today
- Love for Liza: Young woman battling terminal cancer gets dream wedding
Menno Beachy, of Cresco, issued a recall on Wednesday for one pint containers of labeled Menno Beachy Certified Organic Grape Tomatoes.
Beachy says he sent tomatoes from his farm and a nearby farm to a food distributor in Minnesota. The distributor sent 15 cases of 12 one-pint containers of the affected tomatoes to stores in the three states between July 26 and Aug. 6.
No illnesses have been reported.
Beachy says he became of aware of the health risk after the Minnesota Department of Agriculture collected a sample from the Minnesota distributor that was found to be contaminated.
Consumers should discard the tomatoes or return them to the store.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.