DES MOINES, Iowa — An Iowa grower is recalling grape tomatoes distributed in stores in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan because they may contain salmonella.
More from TODAY.com
Teens affected by terrorism find healing, peace at inspiring camp
Thanks to a very special summer camp, teens who have lost a loved one due to violent extremism or war have a place to find...
- Oh. My. Geep. Meet the half goat, half sheep who is all cuteness
- 'Hugging my children closer': Reporter home after covering MH17 crash
- Chris Pratt is finally a leading man: 5 reasons we're rooting for him
- Aloe Blacc reveals inspiration behind 'Wake Me Up'
- Teens affected by terrorism find healing, peace at inspiring camp
Menno Beachy, of Cresco, issued a recall on Wednesday for one pint containers of labeled Menno Beachy Certified Organic Grape Tomatoes.
Beachy says he sent tomatoes from his farm and a nearby farm to a food distributor in Minnesota. The distributor sent 15 cases of 12 one-pint containers of the affected tomatoes to stores in the three states between July 26 and Aug. 6.
No illnesses have been reported.
Beachy says he became of aware of the health risk after the Minnesota Department of Agriculture collected a sample from the Minnesota distributor that was found to be contaminated.
Consumers should discard the tomatoes or return them to the store.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.