DES MOINES, Iowa — An Iowa grower is recalling grape tomatoes distributed in stores in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan because they may contain salmonella.
More from TODAY.com
TODAY's Takeaway: Natalie celebrates Boston Marathon triumphs; Willie rings in Earth Day
- 'Incredible': Runners with dwarfism on return to Boston Marathon
- Girl power: Drew Barrymore welcomes her second daughter
- 'Utter freedom': Paralyzed woman surfs duct-taped to friend's back
- Snoop Dogg loves Brian Williams' rap of 'Gin and Juice'
- TODAY's Takeaway: Natalie celebrates Boston Marathon triumphs; Willie rings in Earth Day
Menno Beachy, of Cresco, issued a recall on Wednesday for one pint containers of labeled Menno Beachy Certified Organic Grape Tomatoes.
Beachy says he sent tomatoes from his farm and a nearby farm to a food distributor in Minnesota. The distributor sent 15 cases of 12 one-pint containers of the affected tomatoes to stores in the three states between July 26 and Aug. 6.
No illnesses have been reported.
Beachy says he became of aware of the health risk after the Minnesota Department of Agriculture collected a sample from the Minnesota distributor that was found to be contaminated.
Consumers should discard the tomatoes or return them to the store.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.