DES MOINES, Iowa — An Iowa grower is recalling grape tomatoes distributed in stores in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan because they may contain salmonella.
More from TODAY.com
After years of silence, Monica Lewinsky speaks about cyber bullying
Monica Lewinsky is back in the public eye, and she's using the attention to bash bullying. Lewinsky got emotional on Monda...
- Watch Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder honor doctor onstage at concert
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32
- 'American Idol's' Scott MacIntyre hoping for new kidney in 6 months
- ‘Marcel the Shell’ returns, remains adorable in so-cute-it-hurts video
- After years of silence, Monica Lewinsky speaks about cyber bullying
Menno Beachy, of Cresco, issued a recall on Wednesday for one pint containers of labeled Menno Beachy Certified Organic Grape Tomatoes.
Beachy says he sent tomatoes from his farm and a nearby farm to a food distributor in Minnesota. The distributor sent 15 cases of 12 one-pint containers of the affected tomatoes to stores in the three states between July 26 and Aug. 6.
No illnesses have been reported.
Beachy says he became of aware of the health risk after the Minnesota Department of Agriculture collected a sample from the Minnesota distributor that was found to be contaminated.
Consumers should discard the tomatoes or return them to the store.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.