DES MOINES, Iowa — An Iowa grower is recalling grape tomatoes distributed in stores in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan because they may contain salmonella.
More from TODAY.com
Blizzard alert! Stay safe on the ice by walking like this animal
Even heavy snow boots may not keep you upright on frozen walkways and stairs.
- Zach Galifianakis nearly unrecognizable at SAG Awards
- 2015 Super Bowl snack bracket: Vote on the champion of party foods
- Skip the handshake? The etiquette dos and don'ts of flu season
- 9 films to keep you toasty warm during the big chill
- Blizzard alert! Stay safe on the ice by walking like this animal
Menno Beachy, of Cresco, issued a recall on Wednesday for one pint containers of labeled Menno Beachy Certified Organic Grape Tomatoes.
Beachy says he sent tomatoes from his farm and a nearby farm to a food distributor in Minnesota. The distributor sent 15 cases of 12 one-pint containers of the affected tomatoes to stores in the three states between July 26 and Aug. 6.
No illnesses have been reported.
Beachy says he became of aware of the health risk after the Minnesota Department of Agriculture collected a sample from the Minnesota distributor that was found to be contaminated.
Consumers should discard the tomatoes or return them to the store.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.