More from TODAY.com
TODAY's Takeaway: People reveals Most Beautiful; designers make clothes to save lives
On TODAY on Wednesday, Lupita Nyong'o is named People's Most Beautiful, Alan Cumming is back on Broadway and Liya Kebede i...
- Duchess Camilla's brother Mark Shand dies from head injury in New York
- Short and sweet: Hollywood's 10 cutest cropped haircuts
- Add extra counter space with these 5 D-I-Y kitchen islands
- See for your selfie: Lupita Nyong'o still a beauty on Instagram
- TODAY's Takeaway: People reveals Most Beautiful; designers make clothes to save lives
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.