More from TODAY.com
Buying running shoes? Here’s what to expect
Whether you are thinking about signing up for your first 5K or are gearing up for a full marathon, the first two steps in ...
- 'Sex Box': Couples therapy or reality show trash?
- Food-themed hotels are popping up around the world
- Catch up on all the news of the week with ‘The Download’
- Missing Oscar dress worn by Lupita Nyong’o may be found
- Buying running shoes? Here’s what to expect
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.