More from TODAY.com
Ray Rice, wife Janay speak to Matt Lauer in a TODAY exclusive
Ray and Janay Rice Janay will join Matt Lauer for exclusive interviews airing Monday and Tuesday on TODAY.
- ‘There has been an awakening’: See the new ‘Star Wars’ trailer
- Watch this flight attendant rock Lorde’s ‘Royals'
- 6 awesome turkey sandwiches to make with your Thanksgiving leftovers
- Pup, pup and away! Photographer lets leaping dogs fly
- Ray Rice, wife Janay speak to Matt Lauer in a TODAY exclusive
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.