More from TODAY.com
30 Days to a Better You: Jenna, plaza fans sweat it out
Just over a week into the “30 Days to a Better You” series, and TODAY’s Jenna Wolfe brought the fun — and the sweat — to t...
- 'He was my hero': Brother of missing airplane passenger
- Lena Dunham shares the naked truth on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Real wedding: Couple overcomes distance to wed in the snow
- Blood test might predict who will develop Alzheimer's
- 30 Days to a Better You: Jenna, plaza fans sweat it out
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.