More from TODAY.com
Plaza producer: TODAY's #PinkPower event was 'my best day on the job'
There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t enjoy myself. I love meeting TODAY fans and hearing their stories. But today w...
- Guess who's most likely to hand out candy, and which kind they've got
- Lunch box hero: You've got to see this dad's amazing napkin art
- Derek Jeter's sister: 'He deserves everything that comes to him'
- Scary bad: 9 worst Halloween costumes for kids
- Plaza producer: TODAY's #PinkPower event was 'my best day on the job'
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.