More from TODAY.com
Why I run: TODAY's Erica Hill inspired by dad's battle with cancer
This Sunday, I’m running the New York City Marathon, a distance I swore I’d never tackle again after two very tough races ...
- See Ellen DeGeneres send terrified staffers through haunted house
- Celebs guess: Who will TODAY be for Halloween 2014?
- Brittany Maynard to her husband: 'My heart is so full of love for you'
- Working from home: 'Office' star Jenna Fischer shares selfie with baby
- Why I run: TODAY's Erica Hill inspired by dad's battle with cancer
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.