More from TODAY.com
California boy wakes from coma after surviving fall from 230-foot cliff
- Make Thanksgiving easy with Sandra Lee's quick recipes
- Kristen Chenoweth performs ‘Heart of the Matter’
- Watch this 4th grader get the ultimate surprise: A reunion with dad
- Meet the blind 13-year-old wrestler inspiring his teammate and family
- California boy wakes from coma after surviving fall from 230-foot cliff
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.