More from TODAY.com
2 dead, including gunman, in Washington school schooting
A student with a “blank stare” opened fire in a Washington high school’s cafeteria on Friday, killing one person and wound...
- Remains found on abandoned property are Hannah Graham's
- This girl fulfilled a beautiful promise to her sister: Watch it
- This dad battling cancer is using the time he has left to inspire
- Beards are coming back: Join anchors for No-Shave TODAY in November
- 2 dead, including gunman, in Washington school schooting
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.