More from TODAY.com
Inside Okla. school wreckage, clues to tornado's littlest victims
Plaza Towers Elementary School took a direct hit from the tornado that ravaged Moore, Okla., and left few remnants of the ...
- Tornado victim separated from spouse: 'The house totally disappeared'
- Jodi Arias: Death penalty would be ‘revenge,’ not justice
- Blogger takes on Abercrombie over weight comments
- Mirren shares royal tea with cancer-stricken boy
- Inside Okla. school wreckage, clues to tornado's littlest victims
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.