More from TODAY.com
TODAY's Takeaway: Anchors reveal prom pics; staffers' kids take over
- Surprise! Stranger captures sweet sidewalk proposal in 'magical' photos
- Girl hands her jobless dad's resume to Michelle Obama
- Size them up! Babies pose next to monstrous burritos
- Roaring guitars, purring pets: Who knew metalheads were so mushy about cats?
- TODAY's Takeaway: Anchors reveal prom pics; staffers' kids take over
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.