More from TODAY.com
Love for Liza: Young woman battling terminal cancer gets dream wedding
On Thanksgiving, Liza Haynie Heaton went to the hospital with stomach pains, only to receive news that no one can prepare ...
- See how these 4 people lost over 100 pounds each — and kept it off!
- 7 anti-aging foods you should be eating today
- 7 big-batch cocktail recipes for holiday parties
- ‘90 Day Fiance’: TLC’s newest TV guilty pleasure
- Love for Liza: Young woman battling terminal cancer gets dream wedding
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.