More from TODAY.com
'ER' turns 20: Look at our favorite doctors, then and now
Two decades ago, the hospital doors of "ER" swung wide for the first time on NBC, admitting patients and viewers into a st...
- Rhimes slams NYT over 'angry black woman' label
- After Rice video, calls to domestic violence hotline spike
- Terrier travels: Missing Pennsylvania dog found in Oregon
- Home Depot hacked: How to protect yourself
- 'ER' turns 20: Look at our favorite doctors, then and now
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.