More from TODAY.com
Exclusive: Evan Lysacek: 'My road to Sochi ends here'
American figure skater Evan Lysacek, a two-time U.S. champion and a 2010 Olympic gold medalist, told Matt Lauer on TODAY T...
- Real 'Lone Survivor' SEAL: Coming out alive 'not a victory'
- Mandela service: World lost 'beloved friend, mentor'
- 12 Days of Christmas deal: Radio Flyer and Vermont Teddy Bear for 70% off
- 'Loser's' Ruben Studdard drops 112 pounds
- Exclusive: Evan Lysacek: 'My road to Sochi ends here'
Officials say 29 human cases of the new strain of swine flu have been confirmed in the last year, including 12 this week. Ten were linked to the Butler County Fair in southwest Ohio, which ended last weekend.
The new flu has a gene from the 2009 pandemic strain that might make it more contagious. But so far, the strain hasn't spread easily among people, and recent cases have been mild.
Fairgoers should wash their hands and avoid taking food and drinks into barns. Pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems should be extra careful.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.