MILWAUKEE — A Wisconsin company that makes packaged salads is recalling nearly seven tons of products because they contain onions that are the subject of a separate recall.
More from TODAY.com
TODAY's Takeaway: Anchors reveal prom pics; staffers' kids take over
1. After TODAY producers surprised Tamron Hall by revealing her prom photo on Wednesday, we were inspired to collect #TODA...
- Surprise! Stranger captures sweet sidewalk proposal in 'magical' photos
- Girl hands her jobless dad's resume to Michelle Obama
- Size them up! Babies pose next to monstrous burritos
- Roaring guitars, purring pets: Who knew metalheads were so mushy about cats?
- TODAY's Takeaway: Anchors reveal prom pics; staffers' kids take over
Milwaukee-based Garden Fresh Foods makes packaged pasta salads and chicken salads. The company is recalling 13,600 pounds of products that contain onions possibly contaminated by the bacterium Listeria.
The onions are from supplier Gills Onions LLC. The Oxnard, Calif., company launched its own recall last month due to contamination concerns.
The Garden Fresh products have the establishment number "P-17256" or "Est. 17256" inside the U.S. Department of Agriculture mark of inspection. A list of the specific recalled products is available on the USDA website.
No illnesses have been reported in connection with the products, which are sold nationwide.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.