NEW YORK — "The Hunger Games" author Suzanne Collins has given a big thumbs up to the upcoming film version of her million-selling dystopian novel.
- Pal Jennifer Aniston Is 'Very Happy' for Sandra Bullock's New Romance
- Students Walk out of School After Transgender Classmate Is Allowed to Use Girls' Bathroom: 'I Am a Girl. I Am Not Going to Be Pushed Away to Another Bathroom'
- Kylie Jenner's Now a Blonde - And 'Coming For' Khloé
- Bryan Cranston's Amazing Transformation into LBJ - Is This Really the Guy from Breaking Bad?
- Derek Hough on Dancing with the Stars Partner Bindi Irwin: 'She's a Breath of Fresh Air'
In a message that appeared Thursday on the Facebook page of "The Hunger Games," Collins wrote that she was "really happy" with the movie. She praised director Gary Ross for remaining faithful to the book while adding a "rich and powerful vision" of the brutal society Collins imagined in print.
"And, my God, the actors," Collins added. She singled out the "extraordinary" Jennifer Lawrence, who stars as the young heroine, Katniss. The highly anticipated movie will be released March 23.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.