NEW YORK — "The Hunger Games" author Suzanne Collins has given a big thumbs up to the upcoming film version of her million-selling dystopian novel.
- Cosmos Review: To Infinity and Beyond
- If Jennifer Aniston Could Have Any Famous Person's Body, Who Would It Be?
- Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding
- Shakira: I Had To Get My Boyfriend's Permission to Work with Rihanna
- American on Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet 'Was a Wonderful Man,' Ex-Wife Says
In a message that appeared Thursday on the Facebook page of "The Hunger Games," Collins wrote that she was "really happy" with the movie. She praised director Gary Ross for remaining faithful to the book while adding a "rich and powerful vision" of the brutal society Collins imagined in print.
"And, my God, the actors," Collins added. She singled out the "extraordinary" Jennifer Lawrence, who stars as the young heroine, Katniss. The highly anticipated movie will be released March 23.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.