NEW YORK — "The Hunger Games" author Suzanne Collins has given a big thumbs up to the upcoming film version of her million-selling dystopian novel.
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike on the 'Most Toxic Marriage in the World'
- Jon Voight 'Very Happy' That Brad Pitt Is Officially His Son-in-Law
- Miley Cyrus's VMAs Date Turns Himself In and Posts Bail
- Paralyzed Bride Rachelle Friedman Expecting First Child with Help of Surrogate (VIDEO)
- Beyoncé vs. Mariah: Who Are the 50 Biggest Pop Stars?
In a message that appeared Thursday on the Facebook page of "The Hunger Games," Collins wrote that she was "really happy" with the movie. She praised director Gary Ross for remaining faithful to the book while adding a "rich and powerful vision" of the brutal society Collins imagined in print.
"And, my God, the actors," Collins added. She singled out the "extraordinary" Jennifer Lawrence, who stars as the young heroine, Katniss. The highly anticipated movie will be released March 23.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.