NEW YORK — "The Hunger Games" author Suzanne Collins has given a big thumbs up to the upcoming film version of her million-selling dystopian novel.
- Renée Zellweger to PEOPLE: 'I'm Glad Folks Think I Look Different'
- The Voice: Gwen Stefani Makes a Strategic Steal as Battle Rounds Conclude
- Naughty or Nice? Chrissy Teigen's Christmas Morning PJs Are, Well, Nonexistent
- Michael Sam Cut from Dallas Cowboys Practice Squad
- Kesha Accused of Previously Denying Abuse by Dr. Luke
In a message that appeared Thursday on the Facebook page of "The Hunger Games," Collins wrote that she was "really happy" with the movie. She praised director Gary Ross for remaining faithful to the book while adding a "rich and powerful vision" of the brutal society Collins imagined in print.
"And, my God, the actors," Collins added. She singled out the "extraordinary" Jennifer Lawrence, who stars as the young heroine, Katniss. The highly anticipated movie will be released March 23.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.