NEW YORK — "The Hunger Games" author Suzanne Collins has given a big thumbs up to the upcoming film version of her million-selling dystopian novel.
- Wrestling Legend James 'Kamala' Harris Fights Back After Leg Amputations
- Buried in Snow Bank for 13 Hours, Mom Pens Farewell Notes to Daughters Before Rescue
- Scott Disick 'Excited' About Arrival of Baby No. 3 with Kourtney Kardashian
- Cameron Diaz and the SNL Ladies Rap About the Joys of Going Home for Thanksgiving
- Former Washington, D.C., Mayor Marion Barry Dies at 78
In a message that appeared Thursday on the Facebook page of "The Hunger Games," Collins wrote that she was "really happy" with the movie. She praised director Gary Ross for remaining faithful to the book while adding a "rich and powerful vision" of the brutal society Collins imagined in print.
"And, my God, the actors," Collins added. She singled out the "extraordinary" Jennifer Lawrence, who stars as the young heroine, Katniss. The highly anticipated movie will be released March 23.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.