PENSACOLA, Fla. — Fire officials say an electric cigarette exploded in a Florida man's mouth, severely burning his face and knocking out some of his front teeth.
More from TODAY.com
Italian court: Amanda Knox appeal ruling was ‘illogical’
Italy's high court said Tuesday that the appeals court's acquittal of Amanda Knox in 2011 was filled with “deficiencies, c...
- Pharmacists pick top health products
- Can men have it all? Fathers also struggle to find work-life balance
- It's Burgundy-er! New 'Anchorman 2' trailer is out
- Obama proposes reductions to nuclear arsenal
- Italian court: Amanda Knox appeal ruling was ‘illogical’
North Bay Fire Department Division Chief Joseph Parker says it appears the cigarette's battery exploded while the man was smoking Monday night. Parker likened it to a bottle rocket going off in the man's mouth. He also lost part of his tongue.
Parker says the man had been using electric cigarettes to help him quit smoking.
Authorities don't know what model cigarette it was.
The victim is being treated at a Mobile, Ala., burn unit.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.