NEW YORK — TODAY is headed to Austin, TX for the South by Southwest® (SXSW) Interactive Conference from March 9-13. SXSW offers the unique convergence of creativity, emerging technologies and a one-of-kind food culture. TODAY Food editor Vidya Rao will explore Austin’s food scene, while TODAY gets in on the action with its own interactive food trucks serving up breakfast and late night snacks.
More from TODAY.com
On milestone birthday, Al Roker shares 6 lessons for 6 decades
First, 50th-birthday celebrations were in order for TODAY’s Hoda Kotb. Now, co-anchor Al Roker, who joined the national br...
- Happy birthday, Al! Anchors, fans celebrate Roker's 60th
- President Bush accepts Jenna Bush Hager's Ice Bucket Challenge
- Parents honor journalist slain by ISIS: An ‘extraordinary son’
- Missouri official: Governor making ‘rush to judgment’
- On milestone birthday, Al Roker shares 6 lessons for 6 decades
The TODAY Munchie Mobiles will serve free southwestern-inspired fare prepared by award-winning Austin-based chef Eric Silverstein. The winning recipe from the TODAY Home Chef Challenge: Southwestern Edition created by Austin natives Julie Munroe and Ryan Schierling, will also be featured on the food trucks.
TODAY at SXSW (#TODAYSXSW) Highlights:
· Treat your taste buds. Enjoy free breakfast – and free late night snacks. The TODAY Munchie Mobiles offer a full menu and will be conveniently located close to the action. From March 9-12, visit the food trucks from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. on 6th Street. From March 10-13, visit the food trucks from 8 a.m.-Noon in front of the downtown Austin Marriott (located one block from the Convention Center).
· Recharge. The food trucks will offer charging stations for your mobile devices so your phone can recharge while you do.
· Free food finder. Follow @TODAYFood on Twitter to hear about the latest dish and the best that SXSW has to offer on a budget.
· Food Trends. Vidya Rao, editor of TODAY.com's popular food blog, Bites, will report on the latest food trends simmering in and around Austin.
· Tasty Photos. Share mouthwatering food photos from SXSW. Tweet your great food photos using the hashtag: #TODAYSXSW and they will be featured on TODAY.com.
Visit the TODAY Munchie Mobile at SXSW. Click here for more details on our location, menu and food truck design: http://bit.ly/xYDYeZ.
# # #
Twitter: @NBCNewsPR | @ginastikes