NEW YORK — TODAY is headed to Austin, TX for the South by Southwest® (SXSW) Interactive Conference from March 9-13. SXSW offers the unique convergence of creativity, emerging technologies and a one-of-kind food culture. TODAY Food editor Vidya Rao will explore Austin’s food scene, while TODAY gets in on the action with its own interactive food trucks serving up breakfast and late night snacks.
More from TODAY.com
‘He saved me’: Rockslide survivor, 13, tells of slain dad’s heroics
A Colorado teenager who was the sole survivor of a rockslide that killed her parents and three other family members will n...
- Jenna on George Bush Sr.'s selfie socks: 'Evidently he likes his own face'
- Underwood expects mistakes in 'Sound of Music Live!'
- Nigella Lawson: ‘I would rather be honest, if ashamed’ about drug use
- Paul Walker bought ring for Iraq vet, wife
- ‘He saved me’: Rockslide survivor, 13, tells of slain dad’s heroics
The TODAY Munchie Mobiles will serve free southwestern-inspired fare prepared by award-winning Austin-based chef Eric Silverstein. The winning recipe from the TODAY Home Chef Challenge: Southwestern Edition created by Austin natives Julie Munroe and Ryan Schierling, will also be featured on the food trucks.
TODAY at SXSW (#TODAYSXSW) Highlights:
· Treat your taste buds. Enjoy free breakfast – and free late night snacks. The TODAY Munchie Mobiles offer a full menu and will be conveniently located close to the action. From March 9-12, visit the food trucks from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. on 6th Street. From March 10-13, visit the food trucks from 8 a.m.-Noon in front of the downtown Austin Marriott (located one block from the Convention Center).
· Recharge. The food trucks will offer charging stations for your mobile devices so your phone can recharge while you do.
· Free food finder. Follow @TODAYFood on Twitter to hear about the latest dish and the best that SXSW has to offer on a budget.
· Food Trends. Vidya Rao, editor of TODAY.com's popular food blog, Bites, will report on the latest food trends simmering in and around Austin.
· Tasty Photos. Share mouthwatering food photos from SXSW. Tweet your great food photos using the hashtag: #TODAYSXSW and they will be featured on TODAY.com.
Visit the TODAY Munchie Mobile at SXSW. Click here for more details on our location, menu and food truck design: http://bit.ly/xYDYeZ.
# # #
Twitter: @NBCNewsPR | @ginastikes