NEW YORK — TODAY is headed to Austin, TX for the South by Southwest® (SXSW) Interactive Conference from March 9-13. SXSW offers the unique convergence of creativity, emerging technologies and a one-of-kind food culture. TODAY Food editor Vidya Rao will explore Austin’s food scene, while TODAY gets in on the action with its own interactive food trucks serving up breakfast and late night snacks.
More from TODAY.com
Girl hands her jobless dad's resume to Michelle Obama
While other children asked Obama about her favorite food or color, the young girl handed the first lady a piece of paper a...
- Roaring guitars, purring pets: Who knew metalheads were so mushy about cats?
- Barbie gets all dolled up for big-screen movie
- John Kerry brings 'diplomutt' to work instead of his kids
- Avril Lavigne laughs off racist allegations over new music video
- Girl hands her jobless dad's resume to Michelle Obama
The TODAY Munchie Mobiles will serve free southwestern-inspired fare prepared by award-winning Austin-based chef Eric Silverstein. The winning recipe from the TODAY Home Chef Challenge: Southwestern Edition created by Austin natives Julie Munroe and Ryan Schierling, will also be featured on the food trucks.
TODAY at SXSW (#TODAYSXSW) Highlights:
· Treat your taste buds. Enjoy free breakfast – and free late night snacks. The TODAY Munchie Mobiles offer a full menu and will be conveniently located close to the action. From March 9-12, visit the food trucks from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. on 6th Street. From March 10-13, visit the food trucks from 8 a.m.-Noon in front of the downtown Austin Marriott (located one block from the Convention Center).
· Recharge. The food trucks will offer charging stations for your mobile devices so your phone can recharge while you do.
· Free food finder. Follow @TODAYFood on Twitter to hear about the latest dish and the best that SXSW has to offer on a budget.
· Food Trends. Vidya Rao, editor of TODAY.com's popular food blog, Bites, will report on the latest food trends simmering in and around Austin.
· Tasty Photos. Share mouthwatering food photos from SXSW. Tweet your great food photos using the hashtag: #TODAYSXSW and they will be featured on TODAY.com.
Visit the TODAY Munchie Mobile at SXSW. Click here for more details on our location, menu and food truck design: http://bit.ly/xYDYeZ.
# # #
Twitter: @NBCNewsPR | @ginastikes