Less than a week since being fitted with a prosthetic left eye, 23-year-old model and writer Lauren Scruggs is slowly trying to return to normal life. Her first step was writing on her fashion blog, LoLo, over the weekend with a post titled "Inspired by Sunday.”
Other than a brief update from the model offering thanks for support on January 9, this was the first fashion update to the blog since December 1, only two days before the plane propeller accident that resulted in the loss of her left eye and hand. Updates on Scruggs' condition over the last three months have been posted primarily by Scruggs’ family on CaringBridge.org.Story: 911 call: Frantic moments after propeller hit model
The new post featured photos on a number of topics, ranging from fashion designer Prabal Gurung to New York City Fashion Week. Readers of the blog were excited by the update, leaving comments expressing their happiness at her return.
Blogging isn’t the only way the model is returning to daily life. Her mind is back on fashion, including her own. On Monday, she tweeted at the True Religion brand jeans company saying “My goal: to replace my first and favorite @truereligion jeans that were taken away in Dec! So hard to find the exact match!”
- Craig Strickland's Widow on Their Last Conversation: 'He Walked Out the Door, Looked at Me and Said, "I Love You"'
- Joe Jonas Packs on PDA with Former Top Model Contestant Jessica Serfaty
- White House Responds to Petition to Pardon Making a Murderer Subjects Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey
- Family of Sandy Hook Victim Commends Florida Atlantic University for Firing Professor Who Questioned Massacre
- Kylie Jenner's Lip Kit Is Ruining Lives (According to the Internet, Anyway)
True Religion noticed the tweet, responding late Monday to ask what style she was looking for. “We want to help reconnect you with your favorite pair!” they tweeted.
Lauren sent the details in another tweet and Hallie Sand, press relations coordinator for True Religion, told TODAY.com they're reaching out to reunite the Dallas, Texas fashionista with her beloved denim.Story: First photos emerge since injured model’s accident
"We're thrilled that she is a True Religion fan and looking forward to learning more about the jeans she lost," Sand said.
It is unclear whether these were the jeans Scruggs wore on the night of her accident.
© 2013 NBCNews.com Reprints