1. Headline
  1. Headline
IMAGE: Gavin DeGraw
Singer Gavin DeGraw says a 2011 assault has left him none the worse for wear, and any scars just blend into his face.
Access Hollywood
updated 1/19/2012 2:04:45 PM ET 2012-01-19T19:04:45

Six months ago, Gavin DeGraw was the victim of a vicious assault in New York City, an incident that left him hospitalized, but the singer says he has not had any lasting effects.

“I think I’m completely OK,” the singer — whose latest album, “Sweeter,” is in stores now — said on Tuesday’s Access Hollywood Live.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: On The Set: The Stars Visit Access Hollywood Live (Jan. 2012)

“I always had a few scars on my face, so it kind of blended in with the rest of them,” the 34-year-old told Billy Bush and Kit Hoover.

Story: Report: DeGraw attackers didn't know him

Gavin also appears to have kept his sense of humor about the August incident.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Rock Star Style

  1. More Entertainment stories
    1. Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts

      In a popular YouTube video, the beaming little ballerina dances an entire four-minute routine seemingly perfectly, matchin...

    2. Every on-screen drink in 'Mad Men' in 5 minutes
    3. See the 'Dancing' stars' most memorable moves
    4. Emmy's biggest snubs? Cranston, Hamm, more
    5. 'Toy Story' toys burn up in prank on mom

”(Scars) which you can’t see, because they’re mostly inside, because I’m a musician,” he continued with a laugh.

Adding, “I’m all good, I’m all good.”

Story: DeGraw released from hospital after attack

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, the singer was assaulted by a group of people in the early hours of Aug. 8, and was later possibly hit by a taxi (Gavin told Access at the time that he does not know if he was hit by or stumbled upon a taxi, after being bloodied in the attack) before being taken to New York’s Bellevue Hospital.

Copyright 2013 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.