When Duchess Kate turned 30 on Monday , she kept the celebration (her first birthday as a royal) simple. "[She] had a quiet gathering with family and friends on Monday evening," a Palace aide tells Us Weekly. "The dinner was held within private quarters at one of the properties situated by their home at Kensington Palace."
Kate, Prince William and other loved ones dined on a multi-course meal prepped by one of Kate's favorite chefs.
- Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Kiss Over Breakfast, Another Baby on the Way for Christian Bale & More
- Beyoncé, Jennifer Garner Unite for 'Ban Bossy' Girl Empowerment Campaign
- What Is Sled Hockey? Paralympic Star Taylor Lipsett Explains
- Richie Sambora on Ex Heather Locklear: 'She's Still Hot!'
- 'Yellow King Theory': Watch the Web's Funniest True Detective Parodies
And while St. James' Palace isn't dishing on what the Duchess received for her birthday, they did release a list of gifts given to the royal couple throughout their tours and in 2011.
Presents given to Kate included numerous fascinators and hats, shoes, earrings, dresses, CDs, games and wines, while William, 29, was gifted with clothes, CDs, an iPad, hats, books, and even a jar of Vegemite!
The duo also received note pads, porcelain dolls, recipe books, wine coasters, and caricature posters.
Many royal watchers are hoping Kate's 31st year will see her become a mom. Featuring the world-famous Queen-to-Be, the February cover of UK mag Tatler even reads "Kate: What to Expect When You're Expecting." Predicting an imminent pregnancy, the accompanying article inside is called "Calendar of a Very Public Pregnancy: How to Cope with Being a Royal If You're Expecting."
Copyright 2012 Us Weekly