ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A couple has found a suspect in the disappearance of their $4,500 wedding ring — their 10-month old basset hound.
- High School Students Plan Protest over Treatment of Alleged Rape Victims
- Autumn Reeser Divorcing Jesse Warren
- Inside Kaley Cuoco's Surprise Birthday Party - See the Gorgeous Photos!
- Quadruple Amputee Mom Grateful to Celebrate Thanksgiving with Her Family
- Odell Beckham Jr.'s Amazing One-Handed Catch: The Internet Reacts with Kim Kardashian, Dinosaurs and More
KOB-TV reported Wednesday that a veterinarian recently removed the ring from the dog named Coraline after X-rays showed it was lodged deep in her stomach and wasn't coming out on its own.
Albuquerque resident Rachelle Atkinson says she and her husband Scott had searched everywhere for the ring before beginning to suspect the dog ate it. "She was the only one in our room," Atkinson tells KOB-TV, "so we immediately looked at her and she looked guilty," Atkinson said."
The vet said basset hounds have a tendency to eat rocks.
Atkinson says she now hides the ring while Coraline is off munching away at anything she can find.
Information from: KOB-TV,
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.