ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A couple has found a suspect in the disappearance of their $4,500 wedding ring — their 10-month old basset hound.
- INFOGRAPHIC: What Would Your Favorite TV Character Bring to Thanksgiving?
- New Jersey Mom Arrested for Trying to Put Hit Out on Daughter's Ex
- What's on the Menu Today at the Sterns' Home? Spoiler Alert: It's Not Turkey!
- See How Jessica Simpson Is Spending Thanksgiving with Her 'Wild Turkeys'
- Stephen Fishbach's Survivor Blog: Lightning Misses Twice for Broadway Beaux
KOB-TV reported Wednesday that a veterinarian recently removed the ring from the dog named Coraline after X-rays showed it was lodged deep in her stomach and wasn't coming out on its own.
Albuquerque resident Rachelle Atkinson says she and her husband Scott had searched everywhere for the ring before beginning to suspect the dog ate it. "She was the only one in our room," Atkinson tells KOB-TV, "so we immediately looked at her and she looked guilty," Atkinson said."
The vet said basset hounds have a tendency to eat rocks.
Atkinson says she now hides the ring while Coraline is off munching away at anything she can find.
Information from: KOB-TV,
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.