ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A couple has found a suspect in the disappearance of their $4,500 wedding ring — their 10-month old basset hound.
- VIDEO: Never-Before-Seen Outtakes of Robin Williams as Aladdin's Genie Have Been Released
- Taylor Swift Turned to Drive Thru After Grammys Loss - Find Out What She Ate
- Bella Hadid Celebrates Birthday with New Furry Friend
- Oregon Victim's Husband Eric Dietz Reveals His Emotionally-Charged Meeting With President Obama
- VIDEO: Watch Austin Mahone Scream As he Walks Through A Haunted House!
KOB-TV reported Wednesday that a veterinarian recently removed the ring from the dog named Coraline after X-rays showed it was lodged deep in her stomach and wasn't coming out on its own.
Albuquerque resident Rachelle Atkinson says she and her husband Scott had searched everywhere for the ring before beginning to suspect the dog ate it. "She was the only one in our room," Atkinson tells KOB-TV, "so we immediately looked at her and she looked guilty," Atkinson said."
The vet said basset hounds have a tendency to eat rocks.
Atkinson says she now hides the ring while Coraline is off munching away at anything she can find.
Information from: KOB-TV,
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.