ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A couple has found a suspect in the disappearance of their $4,500 wedding ring — their 10-month old basset hound.
- Say Goodbye to Hugh Jackman's Pointy Pan Beard! (VIDEO)
- Lauren Conrad's Flowery Bridal Shower Is a Visual Treat
- Kristin Chenoweth Goes Brunette, Gets Much-Longer Locks Overnight
- 127-Year-Old Woman Says She's the World's Oldest Living Person
- Once Upon a Time Teases Elsa's Arrival in Storybrooke with New Trailer (VIDEO)
KOB-TV reported Wednesday that a veterinarian recently removed the ring from the dog named Coraline after X-rays showed it was lodged deep in her stomach and wasn't coming out on its own.
Albuquerque resident Rachelle Atkinson says she and her husband Scott had searched everywhere for the ring before beginning to suspect the dog ate it. "She was the only one in our room," Atkinson tells KOB-TV, "so we immediately looked at her and she looked guilty," Atkinson said."
The vet said basset hounds have a tendency to eat rocks.
Atkinson says she now hides the ring while Coraline is off munching away at anything she can find.
Information from: KOB-TV,
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.