ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A couple has found a suspect in the disappearance of their $4,500 wedding ring — their 10-month old basset hound.
- Giuliana Rancic Goes Really Blonde - See Her Bold New Look
- Madonna's Daughter Lourdes Leon Dishes on Life After High School
- Justin Theroux Evokes His Inner Matthew McConaughey to Deal with Paparazzi
- Parents Remember Malaysia Airlines Flight Attendant Who Switched Planes (VIDEO)
- Rachel McAdams: The Hot Chick Striptease Was 'One of the Scariest Moments of My Career'
KOB-TV reported Wednesday that a veterinarian recently removed the ring from the dog named Coraline after X-rays showed it was lodged deep in her stomach and wasn't coming out on its own.
Albuquerque resident Rachelle Atkinson says she and her husband Scott had searched everywhere for the ring before beginning to suspect the dog ate it. "She was the only one in our room," Atkinson tells KOB-TV, "so we immediately looked at her and she looked guilty," Atkinson said."
The vet said basset hounds have a tendency to eat rocks.
Atkinson says she now hides the ring while Coraline is off munching away at anything she can find.
Information from: KOB-TV,
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.