ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A couple has found a suspect in the disappearance of their $4,500 wedding ring — their 10-month old basset hound.
- Man in Elf Costume Arrested After Being Found Passed Out in Running Van
- From EW: Sony Lawyer Says The Interview Will Still Be Distributed
- Jessica Simpson Shows Off Her Toned Legs on Instagram (PHOTOS)
- Santa's Elves Are Delivering Puppies to Children for Christmas This Year (VIDEO)
- Woman Gives Fast Food Employee $10,000 Coat (VIDEO)
KOB-TV reported Wednesday that a veterinarian recently removed the ring from the dog named Coraline after X-rays showed it was lodged deep in her stomach and wasn't coming out on its own.
Albuquerque resident Rachelle Atkinson says she and her husband Scott had searched everywhere for the ring before beginning to suspect the dog ate it. "She was the only one in our room," Atkinson tells KOB-TV, "so we immediately looked at her and she looked guilty," Atkinson said."
The vet said basset hounds have a tendency to eat rocks.
Atkinson says she now hides the ring while Coraline is off munching away at anything she can find.
Information from: KOB-TV,
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.