ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A couple has found a suspect in the disappearance of their $4,500 wedding ring — their 10-month old basset hound.
- Pop's Princesses Party Together: Rihanna and Katy Perry Hit the Town in N.Y.C.
- Kylie Jenner's Got Us Seeing Blue in Her Monochromatic Denim Look
- NBA Player Russell Westbrook Marries Nina Earl in Star-Studded Beverly Hills Ceremony
- Beauty Flashback! The Boldest Hair Styles from the 2005 VMAs
- Melissa Ott's Wedding Dress Is Still in the Shop While She Mourns the Loss of Fiancé Who Was Gunned Down On-Air
KOB-TV reported Wednesday that a veterinarian recently removed the ring from the dog named Coraline after X-rays showed it was lodged deep in her stomach and wasn't coming out on its own.
Albuquerque resident Rachelle Atkinson says she and her husband Scott had searched everywhere for the ring before beginning to suspect the dog ate it. "She was the only one in our room," Atkinson tells KOB-TV, "so we immediately looked at her and she looked guilty," Atkinson said."
The vet said basset hounds have a tendency to eat rocks.
Atkinson says she now hides the ring while Coraline is off munching away at anything she can find.
Information from: KOB-TV,
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.