Cornmeal is high in magnesium, zinc, vitamins B, C, and E, and all cancer inhibitors, plus the antioxidant properties can also benefit those with asthma. Gemini and other signs should definitely include cornbread, corn tortillas, or other corn products on their shopping lists.
Cornmeal pancakes are a nice alternative to other breakfast fare. You get the tastes of cornbread and buttermilk pancakes rolled into one delicious dish.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°F.
2. In a bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, honey, eggs, and oil. Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring constantly. Pour the batter into a quart-size measuring pitcher.
4. Preheat a large griddle to medium-high heat.
5. Spray the griddle with nonstick canola oil cooking spray. Pour out enough batter for four large pancakes, using about half of the batter. When the pancakes get little bubbles all over, flip and cook the other side. The pancakes should be golden brown on both sides. Transfer the pancakes to a baking dish and place in the oven to keep them warm. Repeat, making pancakes with the remaining batter.
6. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the sour cream and brown sugar until the sugar dissolves.
7. Serve the pancakes topped with the sweetened sour cream and the blueberries.