Jim Bob Duggar, father of 19, wrote this note to friends and fans about his wife Michelle's miscarriage, announced Thursday. (Read story here.) He provided it to TODAY.com to post online.
More from TODAY.com
What's it like for Kate Snow to cover Ebola? 'There is no normal'
NBC National Correspondent Kate Snow has been covering Ebola since July, when Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol returned...
- Ebola survivor Ashoka Mukpo: I’m ‘fortunate’ to be alive
- 'For poppo': Robin Williams' daughter shows off tattoo tribute to dad
- Watch Brad Pitt take Zach Galifianakis' insults on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Halloween costumes for babies: These tots are frightfully adorable!
- What's it like for Kate Snow to cover Ebola? 'There is no normal'
On behalf of the whole Duggar Family we would like to thank everyone for their prayers, emails and outpouring of love. We discovered during a routine 19-week ultrasound that our 20th child, who was due in April 2012, passed away recently. As our whole family is grieving, we also know that God promises to work all things for good in our lives. We rest in knowing, that even though our child has departed this life that we will one day see each other again in heaven.
Our prayer is that baby Duggar’s passing will help us all realize that this life is short, and our relationship with Jesus is the most important thing. He gives us a peace in our hearts as He guides us through whatever we might face.
We love you,
Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar & Family
© 2012 MSNBC Interactive. Reprints