Jim Bob Duggar, father of 19, wrote this note to friends and fans about his wife Michelle's miscarriage, announced Thursday. (Read story here.) He provided it to TODAY.com to post online.
More from TODAY.com
Sandy Hook mom: Shootings changed how we feel about going back to school
At this time of year, social media becomes a magical, mood-lifting loop of first-day-of-school pictures filled with painst...
- Ariana Grande on how she played off her most embarrassing on-stage moment
- Need a super-fast Labor Day potluck idea? Try these 5 delicious spins on potato salad
- 'Brand new mini': Former Apple employee's baby announcement is charming
- Ariana Grande brings her 'Everything,' huge crowd to TODAY plaza
- Sandy Hook mom: Shootings changed how we feel about going back to school
On behalf of the whole Duggar Family we would like to thank everyone for their prayers, emails and outpouring of love. We discovered during a routine 19-week ultrasound that our 20th child, who was due in April 2012, passed away recently. As our whole family is grieving, we also know that God promises to work all things for good in our lives. We rest in knowing, that even though our child has departed this life that we will one day see each other again in heaven.
Our prayer is that baby Duggar’s passing will help us all realize that this life is short, and our relationship with Jesus is the most important thing. He gives us a peace in our hearts as He guides us through whatever we might face.
We love you,
Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar & Family
© 2012 MSNBC Interactive. Reprints