Jim Bob Duggar, father of 19, wrote this note to friends and fans about his wife Michelle's miscarriage, announced Thursday. (Read story here.) He provided it to TODAY.com to post online.
More from TODAY.com
Our wine critic picks two great red wines to buy now--both under $7
For value, there may not be a better choice than Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, made from the montepulciano grape in the Abruzzo...
- Paula Deen returns to TODAY, talks racism scandal: 'I disappointed myself'
- Watch as a rescued lion shares the love with her human rescuer
- Ellen delivers hilarious spoof of Matthew McConaughey bull ad
- Babies born on live TV return to celebrate their 1st birthday
- Our wine critic picks two great red wines to buy now--both under $7
On behalf of the whole Duggar Family we would like to thank everyone for their prayers, emails and outpouring of love. We discovered during a routine 19-week ultrasound that our 20th child, who was due in April 2012, passed away recently. As our whole family is grieving, we also know that God promises to work all things for good in our lives. We rest in knowing, that even though our child has departed this life that we will one day see each other again in heaven.
Our prayer is that baby Duggar’s passing will help us all realize that this life is short, and our relationship with Jesus is the most important thing. He gives us a peace in our hearts as He guides us through whatever we might face.
We love you,
Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar & Family
© 2012 MSNBC Interactive. Reprints