Jim Bob Duggar, father of 19, wrote this note to friends and fans about his wife Michelle's miscarriage, announced Thursday. (Read story here.) He provided it to TODAY.com to post online.
More from TODAY.com
TODAY's Takeaway: Natalie celebrates Boston Marathon triumphs; Willie rings in Earth Day
On TODAY on Tuesday, Boston Marathon participants reflect on the event's import, and eco-friendly tips abound for Earth Day.
- 'Incredible': Runners with dwarfism on return to Boston Marathon
- Girl power: Drew Barrymore welcomes her second daughter
- 'Utter freedom': Paralyzed woman surfs duct-taped to friend's back
- Snoop Dogg loves Brian Williams' rap of 'Gin and Juice'
- TODAY's Takeaway: Natalie celebrates Boston Marathon triumphs; Willie rings in Earth Day
On behalf of the whole Duggar Family we would like to thank everyone for their prayers, emails and outpouring of love. We discovered during a routine 19-week ultrasound that our 20th child, who was due in April 2012, passed away recently. As our whole family is grieving, we also know that God promises to work all things for good in our lives. We rest in knowing, that even though our child has departed this life that we will one day see each other again in heaven.
Our prayer is that baby Duggar’s passing will help us all realize that this life is short, and our relationship with Jesus is the most important thing. He gives us a peace in our hearts as He guides us through whatever we might face.
We love you,
Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar & Family
© 2012 MSNBC Interactive. Reprints