Jim Bob Duggar, father of 19, wrote this note to friends and fans about his wife Michelle's miscarriage, announced Thursday. (Read story here.) He provided it to TODAY.com to post online.
More from TODAY.com
'He would be proud': How a widow is honoring her husband by running
For Colleen O’Hare, running was once an activity she did with her husband. Now it is a way she honors his memory.
- Catch up on the week that was with ‘The Download’
- Some yummy dishes to get your superfood fix
- Should I take a diet break? 5 ways we're confused about weight loss
- Is your doctor stoned? Physicians with substance abuse problems continue to work
- 'He would be proud': How a widow is honoring her husband by running
On behalf of the whole Duggar Family we would like to thank everyone for their prayers, emails and outpouring of love. We discovered during a routine 19-week ultrasound that our 20th child, who was due in April 2012, passed away recently. As our whole family is grieving, we also know that God promises to work all things for good in our lives. We rest in knowing, that even though our child has departed this life that we will one day see each other again in heaven.
Our prayer is that baby Duggar’s passing will help us all realize that this life is short, and our relationship with Jesus is the most important thing. He gives us a peace in our hearts as He guides us through whatever we might face.
We love you,
Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar & Family
© 2012 MSNBC Interactive. Reprints