REDMOND, Wash. — The Msnbc Digital Network saw October video traffic soar with more than 161 million online video streams, 31 percent more than CNN’s 123 million streams and more than ABCNews Digital, CBS News and FOXNEWs.com's online video stream totals combined.* Consumers turned to the digital network for NBC News’ world-class video and exclusive reports on the latest breaking international, business, political and entertainment news, including: Gadhafi’s capture, the Amanda Knox verdict, the latest developments in the Bachman campaign, the search for missing baby Lisa, Giuliana Rancic’s breast cancer revelationand Steven Tyler’s accident recovery.
More from TODAY.com
'Sacred sacrifice': 10 lessons I learned caring for my mother
Almost two years ago, my life forever changed. My 54-year-old, energetic, outspoken, and selfless best friend was diagnose...
- 6-year-old surfer girl won't let disease wipe out her serious skills
- Make it so! Patrick Stewart puts other bucket challenges on ice
- Slain journalist James Foley's dad: I had hoped we could negotiate with ISIS
- Kim Kardashian credits corset for tiny midsection, but does 'waist training' work?
- 'Sacred sacrifice': 10 lessons I learned caring for my mother
The Msnbc Digital Network was a top video news site on the Internet in October 2011:*
· Msnbc Digital Network: 161.7 million video streams
· CNN Digital Network: 123.6 million video streams
· HPMG News (Huffington Post Media Group): 103 million video streams
· ABCNews Digital: 49.5 million video streams
· FOXNEWS.com: 32 million video streams
· CBS News: 14.7 million video streams
The Msnbc Digital Network was also a top ranked news site in unique video users, more than 21.2 million unique video visitors in October, 2011, topping CNN Digital Network, HPMG, ABCNews Digital, FOXNEWS.com and CBS News.*
About the Msnbc Digital Network
The Msnbc Digital Network is a collection of innovative and powerful news brands that deliver the most compelling, diverse and visually engaging stories on the consumer’s platform of choice. The world-class brands featured in the digital network include msnbc.com, TODAY.com, NightlyNews.com, TV.msnbc.com, Newsvine and EveryBlock. The Msnbc Digital Network provides something for every news consumer with its comprehensive array of offerings that deliver the best in breaking news, original journalism, lifestyle features, commentary and local updates down to the block level.
*Source: comScore Video Metrix, October 2011