Video: Sandra Lee’s decadent dessert and drinks
Recipe: Perfect cocoa
- 6 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅔ cup Baileys® Coffee liqueur
- ⅔ cup Captain Morgan Parrot Bay® Coconut rum
- Whipped topping, for serving
In a large pot, whisk together milk, sugar, cocoa, nutmeg, coffee liqueur, and coconut rum. Heat to a simmer over low heat, whisking occasionally. Let simmer for 2 minutes. Serve with whipped topping and a dusting of cocoa powder.
Makes 8 drinks
Recipe: Maple cakes
- For cakes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups baking mix, Bisquick®
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- For glaze
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 12 walnut halves, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a medium bowl, beat together egg, maple syrup, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. In a large bowl put baking mix. Add wet ingredients to the baking mix and beat until well incorporated, about 1 minute. Gently stir in chopped walnuts. Fill muffin tins about two-thirds full. Bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool before removing from pan and cooling completely on a wire rack.
Stir together confectioners’ sugar with pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, and heavy cream. Whisk slowly until a thick but pourable consistency is reached. Dip cakes into the icing bowl to coat the top, and garnish each with a walnut half.
Makes 12 cakes
Recipe: Spiced coffee cake
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 (16-ounce) box pound cake mix
- 3/4 cup cinnamon applesauce
- ⅓ cup pasteurized packaged egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup baking mix, Bisquick®
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (0.74-ounce) packet spiced cider drink mix, Alpine®
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Whipped topping flavored with vanilla extract, for serving
Lightly spray a 6-cup soufflé dish with cooking spray and set aside. Make a foil ring ½-inch thick for soufflé dish to sit on and place inside the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, applesauce, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and almond extract. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Pour into soufflé dish and set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together baking mix, brown sugar, walnuts, cider mix, and melted butter. Sprinkle over cake batter. Use a butter knife to cut through cake and topping to swirl.
Place soufflé dish on top of foil ring in slow cooker. Place 5 folded paper towels over slow cooker bowl and secure with lid. Cook on LOW setting for 4 to 6 hours or until tester comes out clean. Do not lift lid to check cake for the first 3 hours.
Cool in soufflé dish on wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes before removing and slicing. Serve with whipped topping.
Makes 10 servings
Recipe: Sandy's spiced wine
- 2 bottles red wine, BV Coastal Estates® Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 11/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 oranges, sliced, for garnish
- 10 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to simmer over medium-low heat, remove from heat, and let steep for 5 minutes. Garnish with cinnamon stick and orange slice. Serve hot.
Makes 10 cocktails
© 2013 NBCNews
Discuss: What did you think of this recipe?
How many stars would you give the dish? If you made changes, tell us how you customized it.