WASHINGTON — Michelle Obama wants to jump into the Guinness World Records book next week by helping break the title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.
- Ryan Gosling Tries His Best Australian Accent While Videobombing Russell Crowe
- Delta Flight Makes Emergency Landing After Pilot Gets Locked Out of Cockpit
- Madonna Felt Like She'd Lost Part of Herself When Lourdes Left for College (VIDEO)
- Jesse Ventura Calls American Sniper's Chris Kyle a Liar, Not a Hero
- AnnaLynne McCord Is Dating Rick Fox
The first lady will lead hundreds of local children in doing one minute of jumping jacks on the South Lawn on Tuesday.
The event will be reviewed by an official from Guinness World Records and will signal the beginning of a 24-hour challenge.
To break the record, more than 20,000 people around the world will need to do jumping jacks for a minute.
National Geographic Kids is leading the effort to break the record.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.