WASHINGTON — Michelle Obama wants to jump into the Guinness World Records book next week by helping break the title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.
- Watch Robert Pattinson's Girlfriend FKA Twigs Dance & Sing in New Commercial
- Tom Colicchio on His Favorite Top Chef Moment
- Mother Who Lost Kids in Christmas Day Fire Tells Oprah She Doesn't Blame God (Video)
- Taylor Swift's Wacky Top! Nicky Hilton's Spongebob Sweater! Star Style Not to Miss
- Dallas Nurse Amber Vinson No Longer Has Ebola
The first lady will lead hundreds of local children in doing one minute of jumping jacks on the South Lawn on Tuesday.
The event will be reviewed by an official from Guinness World Records and will signal the beginning of a 24-hour challenge.
To break the record, more than 20,000 people around the world will need to do jumping jacks for a minute.
National Geographic Kids is leading the effort to break the record.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.