WASHINGTON — Michelle Obama wants to jump into the Guinness World Records book next week by helping break the title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.
- New York Jets Help High Schooler Ask Boy to Prom (VIDEO)
- Amanda Knox Speaks After Murder Conviction Overturned: 'I'm So Grateful to Have My Life Back'
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts Flashback Photo of the Night She Met Scott Disick
- Ryan Phillippe: My Daughter Ava Hates When People Think I'm Her Brother
- Jake Gyllenhaal Is Ripped as He Battles for His Daughter in Southpaw Trailer
The first lady will lead hundreds of local children in doing one minute of jumping jacks on the South Lawn on Tuesday.
The event will be reviewed by an official from Guinness World Records and will signal the beginning of a 24-hour challenge.
To break the record, more than 20,000 people around the world will need to do jumping jacks for a minute.
National Geographic Kids is leading the effort to break the record.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.