WASHINGTON — Michelle Obama wants to jump into the Guinness World Records book next week by helping break the title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.
- Chelsea Handler Accuses Instagram of Sexism for Yanking Her Topless Photo
- Tameka 'Tiny' Harris: Why She Permanently Changed Her Eye Color to Ice-Gray
- William & Kate Enjoy a Scottish Babymoon - with Prince George!
- A Celeb Hairstylist Invented a $12 Tool That Creates Amazing Updos
- Nurse Breaks Voluntary Ebola Quarantine in Maine to Go for Bike Ride
The first lady will lead hundreds of local children in doing one minute of jumping jacks on the South Lawn on Tuesday.
The event will be reviewed by an official from Guinness World Records and will signal the beginning of a 24-hour challenge.
To break the record, more than 20,000 people around the world will need to do jumping jacks for a minute.
National Geographic Kids is leading the effort to break the record.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.