WASHINGTON — Michelle Obama wants to jump into the Guinness World Records book next week by helping break the title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.
- Princes William and Harry Set to Receive Princess Diana's 1981 Wedding Dress
- Jimi Jamison, Lead Singer of '80s Hitmakers Survivor, Dead at 63
- Funny Video: Let's Marvel at This Squirrel Stealing Food from a Bird Feeder
- Magic Mike XXL Begins Filming with Tweet from Steven Soderbergh
- Jeff Bridges Channels 'The Dude' in White Russian Tribute (VIDEO)
The first lady will lead hundreds of local children in doing one minute of jumping jacks on the South Lawn on Tuesday.
The event will be reviewed by an official from Guinness World Records and will signal the beginning of a 24-hour challenge.
To break the record, more than 20,000 people around the world will need to do jumping jacks for a minute.
National Geographic Kids is leading the effort to break the record.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.