WASHINGTON — Michelle Obama wants to jump into the Guinness World Records book next week by helping break the title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.
- Happy Birthday, Kelly Clarkson! Make a Sangria Mocktail in Honor of the Star
- William & Kate Rise at Dawn to Honor War Veterans
- What We're Reading This Weekend: Behind-The-Scenes Books
- Matthew Nalywaiko Helps Hundreds of Single Working Moms With Much-Needed Repairs
- Victoria Beckham, Gisele Bündchen and More Design Children's Charity Collection for Shopbop
The first lady will lead hundreds of local children in doing one minute of jumping jacks on the South Lawn on Tuesday.
The event will be reviewed by an official from Guinness World Records and will signal the beginning of a 24-hour challenge.
To break the record, more than 20,000 people around the world will need to do jumping jacks for a minute.
National Geographic Kids is leading the effort to break the record.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.