WASHINGTON — Michelle Obama wants to jump into the Guinness World Records book next week by helping break the title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.
- Can You Guess Which Country Star Goes Hunting on Christmas?
- How to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain - and Still Eat, Drink and Be Merry
- There's Nothing Mickey Mouse About This Holiday Lights Display
- RHOA: Phaedra Parks and Apollo Nida Share the Iciest Hug of All Time
- So, Has Rosie Perez Met a White Man Who Can Jump?
The first lady will lead hundreds of local children in doing one minute of jumping jacks on the South Lawn on Tuesday.
The event will be reviewed by an official from Guinness World Records and will signal the beginning of a 24-hour challenge.
To break the record, more than 20,000 people around the world will need to do jumping jacks for a minute.
National Geographic Kids is leading the effort to break the record.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.