WASHINGTON — Michelle Obama wants to jump into the Guinness World Records book next week by helping break the title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.
- How Conan O'Brien Got the People of Cuba Laughing
- Meet Five of the American Semifinalists for a One-Way Trip to Mars!
- From Dusk Till Dawn Star Eiza González Is the New Face of Neutrogena!
- Go Behind the Scenes with Kelly Clarkson and River at Their PEOPLE Cover Shoot
- Kelly Osbourne Quits Fashion Police
The first lady will lead hundreds of local children in doing one minute of jumping jacks on the South Lawn on Tuesday.
The event will be reviewed by an official from Guinness World Records and will signal the beginning of a 24-hour challenge.
To break the record, more than 20,000 people around the world will need to do jumping jacks for a minute.
National Geographic Kids is leading the effort to break the record.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.