WASHINGTON — Michelle Obama wants to jump into the Guinness World Records book next week by helping break the title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.
- See Elton John and David Furnish's Monogrammed Wedding Cake
- RHOA Star Phaedra Parks Confirms She Will Divorce Apollo Nida (VIDEO)
- Your Pets, Dressed Up for Santa!
- Australian Dad, 2 Sons Found Alive After Being Lost for 10 Days
- An ER Visit Doesn't Stop Kelly Clarkson from Killing It (and Raising $200K!) in Nashville
The first lady will lead hundreds of local children in doing one minute of jumping jacks on the South Lawn on Tuesday.
The event will be reviewed by an official from Guinness World Records and will signal the beginning of a 24-hour challenge.
To break the record, more than 20,000 people around the world will need to do jumping jacks for a minute.
National Geographic Kids is leading the effort to break the record.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.