WASHINGTON — Michelle Obama wants to jump into the Guinness World Records book next week by helping break the title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.
- Clooneys in Como! George and Amal Celebrate the Fourth of July in Italy
- Keke Palmer: The Scream Queens Set 'Feels Like Our Own Little Sorority House'
- What Break-up? Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Martin Spend Fourth of July Weekend Together in NYC
- Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade Show Off Their Incredible Beach Bodies During Fourth of July Vacation with La La Anthony
- Pippa Middleton Matches with Sister Kate and Princess Charlotte's Christening
The first lady will lead hundreds of local children in doing one minute of jumping jacks on the South Lawn on Tuesday.
The event will be reviewed by an official from Guinness World Records and will signal the beginning of a 24-hour challenge.
To break the record, more than 20,000 people around the world will need to do jumping jacks for a minute.
National Geographic Kids is leading the effort to break the record.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.