CLEARWATER, Fla. — Authorities say a Florida woman with a rare medical condition has delivered twins -- one from each of her two uteruses.
More from TODAY.com
Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub
Bobbi Kristina Brown, the daughter of late Whitney Houston, was found unresponsive in a bathtub in her Georgia home Saturd...
- From leather to wool: How to wash your dirty winter gloves
- ‘Finish what Gene started’: One man’s inspirational journey to honor his late brother
- The surprise beauty ritual: Your guide to dry brushing
- People Magazine reports Bruce Jenner ‘transitioning’ into a woman
- Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub
The St. Petersburg Times reports Andreea Barbosa and her husband, Miguel, conceived the twins without reproductive medicine. Nathan and Natalie Barbosa were born Sept. 15 at Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater. They join 2-year-old sister, Izabella.
The newspaper says Barbosa's obstetrician, Dr. Patricia St. John, placed the odds of such a pregnancy at 1 in about 5 million. The doctor explained that two eggs had to be released and fertilized at the same time in each uterus.
Barbosa's condition is called uterus didelphys. She says it was diagnosed four years ago. It's not the first recorded case. In 2010, a Utah woman with the same condition became pregnant with two babies, each conceived at a different time.
St. John says Barbosa's pregnancy was perfect and the twins were born via C-section at 36 weeks.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.