LOS ANGELES — A Los Angeles man has been sentenced to a year in jail on his no-contest plea to sexually assaulting a woman he met through the online dating site Match.com.
More from TODAY.com
Groom-less bride poses in sweet solo wedding photos
One bride decided to pursue her dream wedding photos, even though her husband was stationed abroad in the Air Force.
- ‘A hot meal can make people cry’: BBQ volunteers comfort Oklahoma victims
- Joe Francis: 'Retarded' jury should be 'shot dead'
- Joy amid tornado's destruction as owners find lost pets
- PTC angry after Ke$ha drinks pee on TV
- Groom-less bride poses in sweet solo wedding photos
Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for Los Angeles County prosecutors, says Alan Wurtzel also was sentenced Monday to five years of probation and was ordered to register as a sex offender and complete a year of counseling.
Wurtzel pleaded no contest last month to one count of sexual battery by restraint.
Wurtzel met the woman through the dating website and they went on two dates. Prosecutors said that during the second date Wurtzel drove the woman to her home and followed her inside, where he sexually assaulted her while holding her down.
The woman settled a lawsuit against Match.com.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.