Recipe: Peach BBQ chicken with garden saute
- For chicken
- 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 cups water
- For BBQ sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove of garlic sliced
- 1 medium to large peach
- For vegetables
- 1 zucchini squash, cut in half and sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces including the green part
- 2 tomatillos, cut in half and then sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced and cut into pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 fresh ears of corn, cut kernels from the cob
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Brine chicken breasts in sugar and salt mixture for at least 30 minutes.
Dry chicken breast and cut into 1 inch strips. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place on a grill pan on the stove or grill on an outdoor grill.
Turn the chicken once and brush with the peach bbq sauce, Turn the chicken and brush on the sauce on the other side. Serve with any extra sauce.
For bbq sauce:
Cook ingredients on medium until it thicken, about 15 minutes. Puree in a food processor or blender.
Saute vegetables until cooked but still firm.
© 2013 NBCNews
Discuss: What did you think of this recipe?
How many stars would you give the dish? If you made changes, tell us how you customized it.