BERLIN — A cow named Yvonne whose escape kept a corner of Bavaria on tenterhooks has been tracked down after three months on the run.
- Harley Pasternak Blogs: Why You Shouldn't End Your Love Affair with Chocolate
- Sean Parker Says He and Wife Are Receiving Backlash After Lavish Wedding
- Miley Cyrus's New Video for 'We Can't Stop' Is a Whole Lot of LOLWUT
- Blake Shelton's Birthday Plans Include Drinking and 'Husband and Wife Things'
- PHOTO: Gisele Bündchen Practices with Her Little Yogini
The Gut Aiderbichl animal sanctuary, which now owns the errant bovine, said Thursday that a farmer had called to say Yvonne wandered onto her farm.Story: Cow on the lam for 12 weeks becomes tabloid star
The sanctuary says on its website that one of its employees was able to confirm Yvonne's identity with the help of her ear tag.
The brown dairy cow escaped from a Bavarian farm in May, then hid in forests. A few days later, she was involved in a near-collision with a police car, and local authorities labeled her a public danger.
Gut Aiderbichl bought Yvonne from her former owners and took the lead in trying to find her.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.