BERLIN — A cow named Yvonne whose escape kept a corner of Bavaria on tenterhooks has been tracked down after three months on the run.
- Sandra Bullock is PEOPLE's 2015 World's Most Beautiful Woman!
- Chris Pratt: 5 Things to Know from His Reddit AMA
- Extremists May Have Plotted to Attack the Vatican, Italian Officials Say
- Eva Longoria on Her Boyfriend: 'There's Just So Much Happiness and Joy In My Life'
- Patrick Dempsey: It's Been An Incredible 11 Years on Grey's Anatomy
The Gut Aiderbichl animal sanctuary, which now owns the errant bovine, said Thursday that a farmer had called to say Yvonne wandered onto her farm.Story: Cow on the lam for 12 weeks becomes tabloid star
The sanctuary says on its website that one of its employees was able to confirm Yvonne's identity with the help of her ear tag.
The brown dairy cow escaped from a Bavarian farm in May, then hid in forests. A few days later, she was involved in a near-collision with a police car, and local authorities labeled her a public danger.
Gut Aiderbichl bought Yvonne from her former owners and took the lead in trying to find her.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.