Closed captioning of: 9-year-old boy killed by 'brain-eating amoeba'
died after being infected by a bug known as the brain eating amoeba. the boy was infected while swimming in a local river and he died by meningitis. health officials say it killed two other people in the u.s. this summer.
when a person becomes infected with it, it's from getting water up the nose. when water goes up the nose it can access then the
central nervous system
and the brain and cause an infection.
although contracting the bug is really rare, local residents are being extra cautious.