BEIJING — If your girlfriend's favorite color is orange and you want to propose, maybe dressing yourself and 48 friends as giant carrots is the best way to get her to say yes.
- Christina Aguilera Shows Off Slim Figure at Billboard Awards
- Avril Lavigne & Chad Kroeger Walk Red Carpet Together at Billboard Music Awards
- Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart's Split: Signs Their Relationship Was Crumbling
- Katrina Bowden of 30 Rock Gets Married
- Red Carpet Trend Report: Some Stars Are Getting a Little Too Ab-Happy
According to Chinese news reports and photos posted online, that is what one lovestruck Chinese man did recently for China's Valentine's Day in the center of the eastern city of Qingdao.Video: Dancing carrots ask, ‘Will you marry me?’ (on this page)
As bemused shoppers — and his girlfriend — looked on, the man spoke into a microphone inside his costume about their first date six months ago.
He then peeled away his disguise and proposed. Shoppers shouted "marry him, marry him," and she accepted.
The reports say the proposal took him three weeks to plan and cost $15,000.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.