BEIJING — If your girlfriend's favorite color is orange and you want to propose, maybe dressing yourself and 48 friends as giant carrots is the best way to get her to say yes.
- PEOPLE Editors Pick the Four Best Gowns of This Year's Cannes Film Festival
- Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos, Stars of Extra Virgin, Fuse Tofu & Berries for Summertime Treat
- Will Smith Raps Fresh Prince Theme Song with Son Jaden - and Dances with Alfonso Ribeiro!
- Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo Show Off Their Wedding Presents
- Amanda Bynes Tweets Again, Accuses NYPD Officer of Sexual Harassment
According to Chinese news reports and photos posted online, that is what one lovestruck Chinese man did recently for China's Valentine's Day in the center of the eastern city of Qingdao.Video: Dancing carrots ask, ‘Will you marry me?’ (on this page)
As bemused shoppers — and his girlfriend — looked on, the man spoke into a microphone inside his costume about their first date six months ago.
He then peeled away his disguise and proposed. Shoppers shouted "marry him, marry him," and she accepted.
The reports say the proposal took him three weeks to plan and cost $15,000.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.