CHICAGO — A pregnant suburban Chicago woman was so determined to finish the Illinois bar exam that she completed the test even after going into labor.
- The Walking Dead Recap: Meet Deanna Monroe
- Which Downton Characters Need to Hook Up? Joanne Froggatt Weighs In
- No One Puts Beagle in a Corner - Not Even Roombas
- Will This 30-Something Woman Get Alzheimer's? Inside Her Decision - and the Results
- William Shatner Pays Tribute Leonard Nimoy on Twitter After Missing His Funeral
The Chicago Tribune reports 29-year-old Elana Nightingale Dawson had started the final portion of the exam last week when the Northwestern Law School graduate went into labor. The exam must be finished to be valid.
Nightingale Dawson says her goal was "to get through the exam as fast as I could and leave" unless anything more serious happened. Her contractions were about 15 minutes apart.
After finishing, she walked with the proctor about one block to a downtown Chicago hospital. The Downers Grove woman's son, Wilson, was delivered by C-section about two hours later.
She'll find out in October if she passed the bar.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.