CHICAGO — A pregnant suburban Chicago woman was so determined to finish the Illinois bar exam that she completed the test even after going into labor.
- The Kardashian-Jenner Style Lessons We're Thankful for This Year
- Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum Enjoy 'Romantic' Couples Massage and Steam in Palm Beach
- Sarah Hyland Learns How to Play Guitar - See Who Her Teacher Is!
- Oprah Winfrey Treats 20 of Her Students from South Africa to The Color Purple on Broadway
- Gia Giudice and Her Sisters Celebrate First Thanksgiving Without Mom Teresa, Last with Dad Joe
The Chicago Tribune reports 29-year-old Elana Nightingale Dawson had started the final portion of the exam last week when the Northwestern Law School graduate went into labor. The exam must be finished to be valid.
Nightingale Dawson says her goal was "to get through the exam as fast as I could and leave" unless anything more serious happened. Her contractions were about 15 minutes apart.
After finishing, she walked with the proctor about one block to a downtown Chicago hospital. The Downers Grove woman's son, Wilson, was delivered by C-section about two hours later.
She'll find out in October if she passed the bar.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.