CHICAGO — A pregnant suburban Chicago woman was so determined to finish the Illinois bar exam that she completed the test even after going into labor.
- Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek: Ali Pleads for Help as Police Zero in on Andrew
- FROM EW: Shania Twain Explains Why Upcoming Tour Will Be Her Last
- Married at First Sight: Ryan and Jaclyn Get Silly During Shared Bathroom Time
- Inside Sherri Saum's Frog-Themed Birthday for Twins John and Michael
- Ben Stiller Posts Vintage Photo of His Mom: 'She Was an Extraordinary Person'
The Chicago Tribune reports 29-year-old Elana Nightingale Dawson had started the final portion of the exam last week when the Northwestern Law School graduate went into labor. The exam must be finished to be valid.
Nightingale Dawson says her goal was "to get through the exam as fast as I could and leave" unless anything more serious happened. Her contractions were about 15 minutes apart.
After finishing, she walked with the proctor about one block to a downtown Chicago hospital. The Downers Grove woman's son, Wilson, was delivered by C-section about two hours later.
She'll find out in October if she passed the bar.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.