CHICAGO — A pregnant suburban Chicago woman was so determined to finish the Illinois bar exam that she completed the test even after going into labor.
- Doctor in New York City Tests Positive for Ebola
- Lamar Odom Won't Sign Divorce Papers, Kardashians Haven't Heard from Him in Weeks
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Family-Friendly Dinner
- We Whip Up a Recipe From Stanley Tucci and Felicity Blunt's New Cookbook
- Brittany Maynard to Dr. Ira Byock: Quit Talking About Me
The Chicago Tribune reports 29-year-old Elana Nightingale Dawson had started the final portion of the exam last week when the Northwestern Law School graduate went into labor. The exam must be finished to be valid.
Nightingale Dawson says her goal was "to get through the exam as fast as I could and leave" unless anything more serious happened. Her contractions were about 15 minutes apart.
After finishing, she walked with the proctor about one block to a downtown Chicago hospital. The Downers Grove woman's son, Wilson, was delivered by C-section about two hours later.
She'll find out in October if she passed the bar.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.