Recipe: Grilled chicken piccata pasta
- For the chicken marinade:
- 1 cup lemon pepper marinade (I used Ken's)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- For the sauce:
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoons flour
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 tablespoons parsley
- For the pasta:
- 6 ounces cooked fettuccine pasta
- Parmesan cheese for topping
Combine the lemon pepper marinade and garlic. Pour over chicken and marinate for at least one hour or overnight. Grill chicken until done.
While the chicken grills, prepare the sauce. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and add flour. Stir to combine. Whisk in chicken broth and garlic. Stir in capers and parsley. Simmer sauce for five to 10 minutes, until it reduces by a third.
Slice chicken into bite sized chunks and add chicken to the sauce. Cook for two minutes, then pour sauce mixture over fettuccine. Top with cheese and toss to combine.
© 2013 NBCNews
Discuss: What did you think of this recipe?
How many stars would you give the dish? If you made changes, tell us how you customized it.
If you have two bucks and a dream, Powerball has a game for you. The jackpot of the multi-state lottery game has surged to $600 million ahead of Saturdays drawing the second-largest pot in U.S. lottery history.
- If you win the Powerball, the tax man cometh
- True tales of major lottery winners