A man who dropped out of college just short of graduation in 1932 has earned his degree at age 99.
- Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett Reveal the Truth About His Sex Scandal
- See the Most Intimate Look at the Kennedy Family Yet
- Journey Drummer Held Without Bail on Rape Charges: Deen Castronovo 'Quite Frankly, Is Unstable,' Says Prosecutor
- Jennifer Garner's Past Romances: A Love Life in the Spotlight
- In Their Own Words: Did Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Hint at Marriage Trouble?
KTVZ-TV in Bend reports that Leo Plass, of Redmond, Oregon, received his diploma a few days ago from Eastern Oregon University in La Grande.
Plass says he was less than one semester away from graduating from what was then called Eastern Oregon Normal School and starting a career as a teacher.
But Plass says it was the Great Depression, and a teaching salary of $80 a month wouldn't cut it.Video: Medal of Honor recipient gets diploma at 90
So when a friend offered him a spot in a logging outfit at $150 a month, Plass says he couldn't pass it up.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.