A man who dropped out of college just short of graduation in 1932 has earned his degree at age 99.
- Kris Jenner Says She and Ex Caitlyn 'Have Moved Past' Drama Concerning Vanity Fair Interview: 'We Are All Good Now'
- New Brittany Maynard Video Released On One-Year Anniversary of Launch of Her Campaign
- Laguna Beach Alum Taylor Cole Marries Longtime Love Kevin Simshauser - See Which Former Costars Were Bridesmaids!
- Paris Train Hero Alek Skarlatos on Oregon School Shooting in His Hometown: 'I Feel Guilty for Not Being There'
- Watch the Kid from Big Reenact Scenes from Big in His Hilarious Kickstarter Video
KTVZ-TV in Bend reports that Leo Plass, of Redmond, Oregon, received his diploma a few days ago from Eastern Oregon University in La Grande.
Plass says he was less than one semester away from graduating from what was then called Eastern Oregon Normal School and starting a career as a teacher.
But Plass says it was the Great Depression, and a teaching salary of $80 a month wouldn't cut it.Video: Medal of Honor recipient gets diploma at 90
So when a friend offered him a spot in a logging outfit at $150 a month, Plass says he couldn't pass it up.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.