A man who dropped out of college just short of graduation in 1932 has earned his degree at age 99.
- Jared Padalecki and Stephen Amell Raise Awareness for Mental Health (by Going Shirtless!)
- Kyle Chandler Channels Coach Taylor in New Friday Night Lights-Inspired PSA
- Gigi Hadid: 'I've Never Been Scared of Being Naked in Pictures'
- Maks Chmerkovskiy Talks Balancing Work and Love with Peta Murgatroyd, Calls Time Apart 'a Hiccup' Along the Way
- Jon Hamm, January Jones and Kiernan Shipka Have a Mad Men Reunion at Charity Gala
KTVZ-TV in Bend reports that Leo Plass, of Redmond, Oregon, received his diploma a few days ago from Eastern Oregon University in La Grande.
Plass says he was less than one semester away from graduating from what was then called Eastern Oregon Normal School and starting a career as a teacher.
But Plass says it was the Great Depression, and a teaching salary of $80 a month wouldn't cut it.Video: Medal of Honor recipient gets diploma at 90
So when a friend offered him a spot in a logging outfit at $150 a month, Plass says he couldn't pass it up.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.