If one look at the size of the rock gracing Kim Kardashian's finger tells us anything, it's that this couple is all about going big or going home.
So it should come as no surprise that the first place Kim and fiance Kris Humphries registered for their big day is at the super posh (and, it follows, super expensive) Gearys of Beverly Hills — and a cursory crunching of the numbers reveals that their lavish taste comes with a hefty price tag: should the couple receive everything they asked for, it will set their nearest and dearest back a whopping $172,000.
And yes, their rep confirms that the registry (so far, still viewable to the public) is the real deal. But what about that wedding date they included in their profile? Did Kim just inadvertently spill the beans on her big day?
Not a chance!
More Entertainment stories
Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
In a popular YouTube video, the beaming little ballerina dances an entire four-minute routine seemingly perfectly, matchin...
- Every on-screen drink in 'Mad Men' in 5 minutes
- See the 'Dancing' stars' most memorable moves
- Emmy's biggest snubs? Cranston, Hamm, more
- 'Toy Story' toys burn up in prank on mom
- Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
While the otherwise legit registry boasts a wedding date of Oct. 31, 2011, a source close to the couple insists that Kim and Kris have no plans to tie the knot on Halloween.
"That's just a joke. They're not announcing the real date just yet." A bride is allowed to keep some things under wraps, after all.
And those friends that fall slightly outside of the Kardashian's tax bracket, fear not. The couple — who along with mama Kris Jenner were spotted this week at Gearys (one the emporiums where Khlo and Lamar Odom also registered) — also plans to sign up at a second retailer as soon as today, most likely at the much more wallet-friendly Williams-Sonoma.
Enough chat, let's get to the goods. Here's a sampling of the items that made the Kardashian cut:
- Extra large Baccarat crystal vase, $7,850
- Baccarat crystal jam jar, $380
- Two Baccarat crystal ashtrays, $840 each (Puff puff? Tsk, tsk)
- Black Lalique desk clock, $1,150
- Black Lalique vase tourbillon vase, $6,500
- 18 Hermes Balcon du Guadalquivir black cereal bowls, $155 each
- 18 Hermes Balcon du Guadalquivir platinum presentation plates, $670 each
- 24 Hermes American dinner plates, $225 each
- Six Buccellati butter servers, $520 each
- Four Buccellati torchon salad serving spoons, $880 each
- Two Buccellati torchon sterling silver vegetable spoons, $1,250 each
- Five sets of four L'Objet gold napkin rings with crystal, $150 each
- Christopfle 1925 coffee pot, $1,650 (creamer and sugar bowl an addition $1,710)
- Baccarat Harmonie pitcher, $925- Baccarat round whiskey decanter, $680
Marrying into the Kardashians: priceless.
— Additional reporting by Michelle McCarthy
© 2012 E! Entertainment Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.