To make the soft-shell crab:
1. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil and butter together over medium to high heat, keeping the temperature low enough so as not to burn the butter.
2. Dredge crabs in flour and shake to remove excess.
3. Place crabs in saute pan and cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side until crisp and red. Remove from pan, set aside and keep warm.
To make the tomato sauce:
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium flame until hot but not smoking. Add garlic and fresh chili peppers, and saute until garlic begins to show light brown color, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add fresh heirloom cherry tomatoes and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes. When tomatoes begin to soften, add prepared tomato sauce and let simmer for additional 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Turn off flame, place cooked crabs in sauce and keep covered to stay warm.
3. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain, add some of the tomato sauce and toss. Season with extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Divide pasta among 6 plates, place 2 crabs on each plate and top with remaining tomato sauce.