1. Slice pound cake horizontally into 1-inch thick slices.
2. Use one-and-a-half-inch wide round cookie cutters to cut pound cake.
3. Place circles in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Insert a lollipop stick into the bottom of each pound cake round. Freeze 1-2 hours.
4. When ready to dip and decorate the pops, place shredded coconut into a separate bowl.
5. Place white chocolate into a large glass bowl in a double boiler set-up. Stir until chips are completely melted.
6. Dip each pound cake pop into the white chocolate, then sprinkle with coconut flakes.
7. Place back onto the cookie sheet. When you have decorated all the pops, chill until firm, about 1 hour.
How to toast the shredded coconut
Spread coconut flakes in a thin layer on baking sheet. Place in an oven preheated to 350 degrees and bake for 10-15 minutes until coconut is toasted. Stir frequently as it cooks to prevent burning.