HOUSTON — Rep. Gabrielle Giffords wished her husband and brother-in-law a happy birthday — and also thanked the Houston hospital where she's undergoing intensive rehabilitation for a cake that featured the likeness of her astronaut husband.
- Caleb Bankston Explains His Relationship with Survivor Villain Colton Cumbie
- Kevin Bacon's Advice for His Daughter, Miss Golden Globe: 'Don't Trip!'
- Christian Bale's American Hustle Weight Gain: Guess Who Teased Him?
- Red Carpet Trend Report: Kate and Gwyneth Know You Can Master These Trends No Problem
- Nelson Mandela Remembered with Day of Prayer in South Africa
The message, posted on Giffords' Twitter page Monday afternoon, was directed toward the Twitter accounts of her husband, Mark Kelly, and his twin brother, Scott Kelly, as well as to TIRR Memorial Hermann hospital.Story: Memos: Firefighter refused Giffords 911 call
The message also contained a link to Giffords' Facebook page, where a photo of the cake was posted.
Giffords was moved to the hospital last month after she was shot through the forehead while attending a Jan. 8 constituent event in Tucson, Ariz.
Giffords spokesman C.J. Karamargin says the tweet and Facebook posting were written by a member of her staff.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.