HOUSTON — Rep. Gabrielle Giffords wished her husband and brother-in-law a happy birthday — and also thanked the Houston hospital where she's undergoing intensive rehabilitation for a cake that featured the likeness of her astronaut husband.
- Justin Timberlake Almost Stole Taylor Swift's iHeartRadio Award
- Justin Timberlake to Jessica Biel: 'I Can't Wait to See Our Greatest Creation Yet'
- Jamie Foxx's Joke About Bruce Jenner Falls Flat at iHeartRadio Awards
- From EW: See All the Winners from the iHeartRadio Music Awards!
- Jeremy Piven: The Most Important Person in My Entourage Is …
The message, posted on Giffords' Twitter page Monday afternoon, was directed toward the Twitter accounts of her husband, Mark Kelly, and his twin brother, Scott Kelly, as well as to TIRR Memorial Hermann hospital.Story: Memos: Firefighter refused Giffords 911 call
The message also contained a link to Giffords' Facebook page, where a photo of the cake was posted.
Giffords was moved to the hospital last month after she was shot through the forehead while attending a Jan. 8 constituent event in Tucson, Ariz.
Giffords spokesman C.J. Karamargin says the tweet and Facebook posting were written by a member of her staff.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.