HOUSTON — Rep. Gabrielle Giffords wished her husband and brother-in-law a happy birthday — and also thanked the Houston hospital where she's undergoing intensive rehabilitation for a cake that featured the likeness of her astronaut husband.
- After Allegedly Claiming the Mother of His 2-Year-Old Killed Herself and Tried to Frame Him, Minneapolis Man Is Arrested
- Uber Bike Delivery Man Saves Baby Born on San Francisco Street: 'I Just Did What Needed to Get Done'
- Minnesota Couple Makes $500,000 Donation to Salvation Army: 'It's Time to Take Care of Others'
- Bernie Sanders Has Hernia Surgery - And Goes Back to Work Less Than a Day Later
- Nicholas Brendon Reveals He Tried to Kill Himself: 'I Cut My Wrists with a Steak Knife'
The message, posted on Giffords' Twitter page Monday afternoon, was directed toward the Twitter accounts of her husband, Mark Kelly, and his twin brother, Scott Kelly, as well as to TIRR Memorial Hermann hospital.Story: Memos: Firefighter refused Giffords 911 call
The message also contained a link to Giffords' Facebook page, where a photo of the cake was posted.
Giffords was moved to the hospital last month after she was shot through the forehead while attending a Jan. 8 constituent event in Tucson, Ariz.
Giffords spokesman C.J. Karamargin says the tweet and Facebook posting were written by a member of her staff.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.