HOUSTON — Rep. Gabrielle Giffords wished her husband and brother-in-law a happy birthday — and also thanked the Houston hospital where she's undergoing intensive rehabilitation for a cake that featured the likeness of her astronaut husband.
- VIDEO: Never-Before-Seen Outtakes of Robin Williams as Aladdin's Genie Have Been Released
- Taylor Swift Turned to Drive Thru After Grammys Loss - Find Out What She Ate
- Bella Hadid Celebrates Birthday with New Furry Friend
- Oregon Victim's Husband Eric Dietz Reveals His Emotionally-Charged Meeting With President Obama
- VIDEO: Watch Austin Mahone Scream As he Walks Through A Haunted House!
The message, posted on Giffords' Twitter page Monday afternoon, was directed toward the Twitter accounts of her husband, Mark Kelly, and his twin brother, Scott Kelly, as well as to TIRR Memorial Hermann hospital.Story: Memos: Firefighter refused Giffords 911 call
The message also contained a link to Giffords' Facebook page, where a photo of the cake was posted.
Giffords was moved to the hospital last month after she was shot through the forehead while attending a Jan. 8 constituent event in Tucson, Ariz.
Giffords spokesman C.J. Karamargin says the tweet and Facebook posting were written by a member of her staff.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.