HOUSTON — Rep. Gabrielle Giffords wished her husband and brother-in-law a happy birthday — and also thanked the Houston hospital where she's undergoing intensive rehabilitation for a cake that featured the likeness of her astronaut husband.
- Husband Convicted of Murdering Wife with Lethal Injection of Nicotine
- Holly Williams Welcomes a Daughter
- Police Baffled by Utah Family of 5 Found Dead in Living Room
- Ashley Tisdale Goes Purple! See Her Fun New Hair Hue
- Mom Accused in Salt Poisoning of 5-Year-Old Says Child May Be Responsible for His Death
The message, posted on Giffords' Twitter page Monday afternoon, was directed toward the Twitter accounts of her husband, Mark Kelly, and his twin brother, Scott Kelly, as well as to TIRR Memorial Hermann hospital.Story: Memos: Firefighter refused Giffords 911 call
The message also contained a link to Giffords' Facebook page, where a photo of the cake was posted.
Giffords was moved to the hospital last month after she was shot through the forehead while attending a Jan. 8 constituent event in Tucson, Ariz.
Giffords spokesman C.J. Karamargin says the tweet and Facebook posting were written by a member of her staff.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.