HOUSTON — Rep. Gabrielle Giffords wished her husband and brother-in-law a happy birthday — and also thanked the Houston hospital where she's undergoing intensive rehabilitation for a cake that featured the likeness of her astronaut husband.
- It's a Party in the USA! Miley Cyrus Throws an Epic Fourth of July Bash
- Rain, Rain Go Away - It's Princess Charlotte's Christening Day!
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kids Party on the Fourth of July Without Scott Disick Amid Scandal
- The Obamas Celebrate the Fourth of July with Military Families at the White House: 'Freedom Isn't Free'
- All About The Godparents Who Will Help Nurture Princess Charlotte
The message, posted on Giffords' Twitter page Monday afternoon, was directed toward the Twitter accounts of her husband, Mark Kelly, and his twin brother, Scott Kelly, as well as to TIRR Memorial Hermann hospital.Story: Memos: Firefighter refused Giffords 911 call
The message also contained a link to Giffords' Facebook page, where a photo of the cake was posted.
Giffords was moved to the hospital last month after she was shot through the forehead while attending a Jan. 8 constituent event in Tucson, Ariz.
Giffords spokesman C.J. Karamargin says the tweet and Facebook posting were written by a member of her staff.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.