LOS ANGELES — Charlie Sheen wants to get back to work this month on "Two and a Half Men," a spokesman said Thursday.
More Entertainment stories
Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
In a popular YouTube video, the beaming little ballerina dances an entire four-minute routine seemingly perfectly, matchin...
- Every on-screen drink in 'Mad Men' in 5 minutes
- See the 'Dancing' stars' most memorable moves
- Emmy's biggest snubs? Cranston, Hamm, more
- 'Toy Story' toys burn up in prank on mom
- Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
The 45-year-old actor remains in rehab but hopes to return to TV's top-rated comedy by the end of February, publicist Stan Rosenfield said. That's a "target" projection, Rosenfield said.
The series halted production after Sheen sought treatment for undisclosed reasons following a 911 call and brief stay at a Los Angeles-area hospital last week. According to a tape of the 911 call, Sheen was said to be intoxicated and in pain.Scoop: Back to work? Not many other options
CBS and series producer Warner Bros. Television declined comment on Sheen's intentions. But decisions about the show aren't Sheen's alone.
Producers intend to evaluate the situation before deciding whether to resume filming for the season, a person familiar with their plans said Thursday. The person was not authorized to publicly discuss details and spoke on condition of anonymity.Story: 911 caller: Sheen is 'very, very intoxicated'
With uncertainty over Sheen's return, CBS intends to use a combination of "Two and a Half Men" reruns and other sitcoms to fill out its Monday night schedule. The network has two unaired episodes of "Men" in hand, which are to be broadcast Feb. 7 and 14.
Out of 24 episodes ordered for the season, 16 were completed.Report: Brooke Mueller in talks for 'DWTS'
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.