REDMOND, Wash. — The Msnbc Digital Network set a new site record of 161.7 million total online video streams in January, 2011.* Millions of consumers watched NBC News’ exclusive reports, original web-only stories and the latest updates from around the nation and the world. Viewers turned to the digital network for breaking news on the tragedy in Tucson, comprehensive coverage of the floods in Australia and mudslides in Brazil, and the latest political news including President Obama’s State of the Union address. Viewers also turned to the digital network for updates and analysis of the rapidly changing political situation in Egypt.
More from TODAY.com
Get gift savvy: Use wrapping they'll love long after Christmas morning
It's time to take the savvier approach to gift wrapping by using stylish alternatives that will add to the present itself.
- Amazing Spider-Dad is back! See what cheer he's spreading now
- Wrap up your holiday shopping with these 6 last-minute gift ideas
- Why you shouldn't give out goody bags while flying with a baby
- These 3 party snacks are doable and deluxe!
- Get gift savvy: Use wrapping they'll love long after Christmas morning
The record video streams are a 6 percent increase over the site’s previous monthly record, set in June 2009 during coverage of the memorial for Michael Jackson. The immersive video experiences on the Msnbc Digital Network, combined with original journalism and advanced technology, give viewers more ways to engage and connect with the day’s top stories.
*Source: Omniture SiteCatalyst