PITTSBURGH — A Pittsburgh man's home has been leveled after city officials say a contractor mistakenly demolished it along with a neighboring house.
- Jill (Duggar) Dillard Shares Sweet Family Moment with Son Israel (Photos)
- Facebook Photo Helps Mother and Son Reunite, 15 Years After He Was Kidnapped: 'It's a Miracle'
- Kim Kardashian West: 'I Don't Do Fillers or Botox When Pregnant'
- Kourtney Kardashian Steps Out as Photos Surface of Scott Disick Getting Cozy with Another Woman
- Steven Tyler Sets Country (and Himself!) Ablaze with His New Video
Homeowner Andre Hall says he'd already replaced the windows and done other work on the long-vacant house in the city's West End neighborhood.
But when he arrived to do more work Monday a backhoe was sitting on top of the rubble of his home.
The home had been condemned but the city had issued an order halting demolition after Hall bought it in November.
The head of the city's Bureau of Building Inspection says the house next door was supposed to be taken down but the contractor demolished Hall's home as well.
The city solicitor's office says it's reviewing the matter. A message left for the contractor was not immediately returned Wednesday.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.