PITTSBURGH — A Pittsburgh man's home has been leveled after city officials say a contractor mistakenly demolished it along with a neighboring house.
- Kendall Jenner Flirts with Dallas Mavericks Player Chandler Parsons Over Dinner
- Catherine Zeta-Jones: 'I Was a Mess' After Learning of Michael Douglas's Cancer
- Piper Perabo's Wedding Dress: All the Scoop (Including Who Wore It Before!)
- J. Lo Rocks Natural Curls, Demi Goes Shorter & More Major Celeb Hair Weekend Updates
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Dodges Questions About Whether He's Dating Jennifer Lopez
Homeowner Andre Hall says he'd already replaced the windows and done other work on the long-vacant house in the city's West End neighborhood.
But when he arrived to do more work Monday a backhoe was sitting on top of the rubble of his home.
The home had been condemned but the city had issued an order halting demolition after Hall bought it in November.
The head of the city's Bureau of Building Inspection says the house next door was supposed to be taken down but the contractor demolished Hall's home as well.
The city solicitor's office says it's reviewing the matter. A message left for the contractor was not immediately returned Wednesday.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.