1. Lift your brows
More from TODAY.com
Teens affected by terrorism find healing, peace at inspiring camp
Thanks to a very special summer camp, teens who have lost a loved one due to violent extremism or war have a place to find...
- Oh. My. Geep. Meet the half goat, half sheep who is all cuteness
- 'Hugging my children closer': Reporter home after covering MH17 crash
- Chris Pratt is finally a leading man: 5 reasons we're rooting for him
- Aloe Blacc reveals inspiration behind 'Wake Me Up'
- Teens affected by terrorism find healing, peace at inspiring camp
High, full brows look youthful and help define all your features, says Los Angeles makeup artist Brett Freedman. Use a brow powder or pencil a shade lighter than your hair color to fill in sparse areas, then sweep a fine line right above the top of the arch. Try Wet n Wild Eyebrow/Eyeliner Pencil ($1; drugstores).
2. Camouflage crow's feet
Nix heavy cover-up, which makes lines more obvious, says Matin Maulawizada of Laura Mercier Cosmetics. Instead, brighten the area with concealer under the outer third of your lower lashes and a creamy highlighter such as Benefit Ooh La Lift ($22; benefit cosmetics.com) just below any lines.
3. Reduce "parentheses"
To diminish the lines that run from your nose to your mouth, apply concealer one shade lighter than your skin over the shadow below the fold only, not over the entire crease, says Maulawizada. This pro trick reduces the appearance of a defined edge. Try Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($28; lauramercier.com).
4. Pep up your pout
"The sides of the mouth tend to droop with age," says Joanna Schlip, makeup artist for Physicians Formula. "To lessen the effect, brush highlighter on the corners and concealer just below the outer edges of your lower lip to minimize shadows." Try Sonia Kashuk Multi-Purpose Nylon Brush ($6; Target).
Don't miss these Health stories
More women opting for preventive mastectomy - but should they be?
Rates of women who are opting for preventive mastectomies, such as Angeline Jolie, have increased by an estimated 50 perce...
- Larry Page's damaged vocal cords: Treatment comes with trade-offs
- Report questioning salt guidelines riles heart experts
- CDC: 2012 was deadliest year for West Nile in US
- What stresses moms most? Themselves, survey says
- More women opting for preventive mastectomy - but should they be?
100 Ways to look younger—instantly!
5. Slim a double chin
Apply a light layer of foundation or matte bronzer two shades darker than your skin under your chin, shading over any jowl, suggests Maulawizada. Try Rimmel London Natural Bronzer ($5; drugstores). Blend toward your neck, using a sponge or brush.
Copyright© 2012 Rodale Inc.All rights reserved. No reproduction, transmission or display is permitted without the written permissions of Rodale Inc.