SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Authorities say troubled actress Lindsay Lohan's father has been hurt in an attack in a Santa Monica parking lot.
Santa Monica police say Michael Lohan was getting into his car Thursday night when a man attacked him with a sharp object. He sustained minor lacerations to his neck and forearm.
More Entertainment stories
Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
- Every on-screen drink in 'Mad Men' in 5 minutes
- See the 'Dancing' stars' most memorable moves
- Emmy's biggest snubs? Cranston, Hamm, more
- 'Toy Story' toys burn up in prank on mom
- Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
Police say that during the altercation, the attacker fell to the ground, got up and fled. No suspects have been arrested.
Sgt. Jay Trisler says the suspect was 40 to 50 years old and used some sort of sharp-edged device.
The 50-year-old Michael Lohan lives in Santa Monica. A judge ordered his daughter back into rehab Friday for failing a drug test.Story: Lohan sent back to rehab until Jan. 3
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.