LOS ANGELES — Britney Spears is denying a bodyguard's accusations that she sexually harassed him and abused her children.
A statement posted to Spears' website Thursday morning said that the pop singer and her attorneys expect Fernando Flores' case to be dismissed.
Flores sued the 28-year-old on Wednesday, claiming she repeatedly exposed herself to him and that he witnessed her abusing her young sons.
Spears' statement says the Department of Children and Families investigated the allegations and took no action.
Mark Vincent Kaplan, an attorney for Spears' ex-husband Kevin Federline, called the child-abuse claims baseless and motivated by money.
He told the AP that Flores' accusations had been looked into before the suit was filed and warranted no action. "He is satisfied that the allegations are a product of economic motives," Kaplan said. "They are as baseless as they seem."
Federline has custody of the former couple's sons, Sean Preston and Jayden James, but Spears has substantial visitation with the boys.
The first hearing in the case is scheduled for January.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.