Video: 5 foods your kids should be eating
Recipe: Breakfast egg burrito
- 1 whole-wheat tortilla
- 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, scrambled in cooking spray
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 2-3 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon salsa
Stuff tortilla with scrambled eggs, black beans, cheese and salsa.
Recipe: Hoisin-glazed salmon
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated or finely minced fresh ginger
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat the foil with oil spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, maple syrup, vinegar and ginger to form a thick glaze.
3. Place the salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them evenly. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and smear the hoisin glaze evenly over the fillets.
Return the salmon to the oven and bake until the fillets are just opaque in the center, about 5 minutes. Transfer to platter; serve immediately.
Serves 4. Serving size: 1 glazed salmon fillet
Recipe: Spinach turkey burgers
- 1 (20-oz) package 93 percent lean ground turkey
- One 10 oz. box frozen, chopped spinach (thawed and well drained)
- One packet taco seasoning mix
In large bowl, mix together ground turkey, spinach and taco seasoning with hands until blended. Form burger mixture into 5 patties. Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat (or preheat grill pan or outdoor grill). Coat grill/pan with nonstick cooking spray and add burgers. Cook 6-8 minutes per side, or until burgers are no longer pink in the center.
Makes 5 patties.
© 2013 NBCNews
A man was arrested at the Cannes film festival Friday after firing a starting pistol during a live broadcast on the palm-lined waterfront, sending actors running for cover.
If you have two bucks and a dream, Powerball has a game for you. The jackpot of the multi-state lottery game has surged to $600 million ahead of Saturdays drawing the second-largest pot in U.S. lottery history.
- If you win the Powerball, the tax man cometh
- True tales of major lottery winners