Looks like it's official.
Heidi Montag filed for divorce from Spencer Pratt Friday in Santa Monica, Calif. Superior Court.
"Well, some say if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen. Heidi couldn't handle King Spencer's fame so she got out of the marriage," Pratt, 26, tells UsMagazine.com.
More Entertainment stories
Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
In a popular YouTube video, the beaming little ballerina dances an entire four-minute routine seemingly perfectly, matchin...
- Every on-screen drink in 'Mad Men' in 5 minutes
- See the 'Dancing' stars' most memorable moves
- Emmy's biggest snubs? Cranston, Hamm, more
- 'Toy Story' toys burn up in prank on mom
- Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
Montag, 23, cites irreconcilable differences in her petition. She filed for legal separation from Pratt in June.
The Hills stars wed in April 2009.
Montag recently dropped out of a planned reality show with her former BFF Jen Bunney. "She has a lot to deal with right now," blogged Bunney — who left "The Hills" in the second season after feuding with Lauren Conrad over Brody Jenner.
Indeed, a rep for Montag told Us shortly after the split news broke: "Heidi is going through a difficult time."
A source close to the couple says that Montag initiated the breakup when she moved out of their home. "Heidi loves Spencer but she had lost contact with her friends and family," the insider explained.
- Jennifer Aniston Dances on Stripper Pole, Miley Cyrus' Engagement is Back On: Top 5 Stories
- Bidder Pays $1.5 Million For Trip Into Space With Leonardo DiCaprio
- Brad Pitt: Gwyneth Paltrow's Dad Bruce Taught Me to Be "Humble"
- Melanie Laurent Pregnant, Debuts Baby Bump at Now You See Me Premiere: Picture
So will they reconcile?
"This breakup is the latest part of Spencer's master plan," an insider recently told Us Weekly, explaining that the couple is in panic mode now that their MTV reality show has wrapped up. Another source adds that duo is "laughing over" the breakup headlines "and having a blast."
Copyright 2012 Us Weekly