LOS ANGELES — The Department of Public Health has reportedly launched an investigation into the deaths of Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack due to mold found in their home.
According to TMZ, law enforcement sources said mold was found in the couple's home, which was at first was determined "not to be a contributing factor" to Murphy's death, but after Monjack was found dead on May 23, the Department of Public Health decided to look into the matter further.
Murphy's mother, Sharon, is reportedly flying home from Europe to allow investigators into the home where both Murphy and Monjack died. Simon's mother, Linda Monjack, will also reportedly be coming from Europe to be close to the investigation.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Monjack died from pneumonia and severe anemia and Murphy's cause of death was determined to be anemia, pneumonia and multiple drug intoxication (including prescription medications, not illegal drugs) and was officially ruled an accident.
Copyright 2013 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.