The bizarre case of kidnapping and forced intoxication that allegedly resulted in one horrific night for former “Party of Five” star Jeremy London suddenly seems even stranger. The unexpected twists in the actor’s woes come from a slew of cease and desist orders issued to London’s family members, and an odd she-said-they-said disagreement between his wife and police officials.
According to Melissa Cunningham, who was in the car with her husband during a portion of his infamous ordeal, London’s mother, brother and his brother’s girlfriend have each received cease and desist notices from the actor’s lawyer. Cunningham told TMZ the drastic step was necessary due to fears that his family could harm the ongoing investigation by speaking out to the media.
But Melissa Cunningham appears to be the one busy making the media rounds lately. In another interview, this time with Radar Online, she revealed that when the police learned of her husband’s story, they weren’t surprised.
More Jeremy London
“Police told us this is the new thing to do down here ... rob people at gunpoint and make them do drugs so they won’t be reliable witnesses,” Cunningham explained. “It’s happening more and more.”
That’s news to Palm Springs police working the beat where the incident allegedly occurred.
“There haven’t been any incidents that I can recall, of gang members kidnapping tourists with flat tires and then forcing them to do drugs,” Detective Steve Douglas assured Radar Online.
Simon Cowell didn’t dump fiancée
There’s no truth to breakup rumors swirling around former “American Idol” judge Simon Cowell and his fiancée, Mezhgan Hussainy, according to Cowell’s rep. Just don’t expect to see the happy couple walk down the aisle any time soon.
More Entertainment stories
Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
In a popular YouTube video, the beaming little ballerina dances an entire four-minute routine seemingly perfectly, matchin...
- Every on-screen drink in 'Mad Men' in 5 minutes
- See the 'Dancing' stars' most memorable moves
- Emmy's biggest snubs? Cranston, Hamm, more
- 'Toy Story' toys burn up in prank on mom
- Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
After Cowell made several public appearances over the last month without his once-ever-present partner, some reports claimed the pair had quietly gone their separate ways. But publicist Max Clifford insists it’s just a matter of conflicting schedules.
“(Simon and Mezhgan will) be together again this week. She is flying over,” Clifford said in a quote published to Metro.co.uk. “Although they have been apart, they have been speaking every day on the phone.”
Evidently, those conversations weren’t about wedding plans. In fact, despite the plus-sized diamond Cowell bought Hussainy earlier this year, there may not be a wedding.
‘I’ve never actually heard Simon talk about a wedding,” Clifford admitted. “Whenever he is asked, he says, ‘Who knows.’ ”
Dish on the fly
Kate Gosselin is still unwilling to confirm plans for an upcoming dating show, but the mother of multiples did drop a hint about a possible motivation for such a project. “I am lonely,” the “Kate Plus 8” star told TMZ while she loaded heaps of groceries into the back of her SUV. “I do need help.” … There’s bad blood between Miley Cyrus’ big brother Trace and Disney star Ashley Tisdale — that much is clear after the heavily tattooed Cyrus sibling took to his Twitter account Sunday. “I've met and know a bunch of celebrities,” the 21-year-old rocker tweeted. “By far the worst person I've met in my life is Ashley Tisdale.” Harsh. So what’s the so far one-sided feud all about? No response tweet from Tisdale, but Cyrus added his own clue in a follow-up post: “I've never had someone who doesn’t know me AT ALL make up so many rumors and bull---- about me,” he wrote, adding the low blow, “You don't even know me b----.”
Tabloid Tidbits is compiled by Ree Hines. Follow @ReeHines on Twitter to gab about the latest gossip.
© 2013 NBCNews.com Reprints