Video: ‘iCarly’ star cooks up healthy eats
Recipe: Grilled vegetable pizza salad
- Grilled vegetable pizza salad
- Arugula lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 1 mini yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 1 mini zucchini, sliced into rounds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Part-skim mozzarella, cubed into miniature chunks
- Fresh basil leaves
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Salad dressing
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a grill or grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Raise to medium heat (if using a grill pan, set over medium heat on stovetop).
2. Lightly brush whole-grain flatbread with extra-virgin olive oil to coat and place in oven to toast until crispy for a few minutes. Remove from oven when warmed and toasted.
2. Season the tomatoes, zucchini, and squash with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and fresh basil. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until tender.
3. While the tomatoes, zucchini, and squash are cooking, toss the arugula lettuce with extra-virgin olive oil and spread the lettuce out on the flatbread.
4. Remove grilled vegetables from the grill or grill pan when they are ready and layer them atop the arugula lettuce.
5. Top off the grilled vegetable pizza-salad with shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese and a few chunks of part-skim mozzarella, as well. Enjoy!
Whisk listed ingredients together.
Recipe: Lemon-lime kewler
- 1 cup of agave nectar
- 3 1/2 cups boiling hot water
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- A mixture of lemons and limes (5 combined total)
- 5 small mint leaves (for garnish)
1. In a large heatproof bowl, whisk agave nectar into hot water until it has completely dissolved.
2. Add in both lemon juice and lime juice, and whisk until incorporated.
3. Freeze for at least eight hours or overnight in freezer.
4. In the meantime, slice a small portion off the bottom of all lemons and limes so that they can stand vertically on their own. Slice a larger portion off the top and hollow out the lemons and limes with a melon baller, until no flesh remains inside the citrus fruits. Set aside.
5. Once the lemon-lime mixture is frozen, remove from freezer and scrape it repeatedly with a spoon or the tines of a fork until the result resembles the texture of a light, fluffy icy.
6. Spoon lemon-lime icy mixture into lemons and limes, and garnish with one mint leaf per lemon or lime.
© 2013 NBCNews
video Memorial Day weekend is supposed to mark the beginning of barbecues and sunbathing, but some parts of the country are expecting chilly winter weather, with up to six inches of snow possible in the Northeast.
After famously telling hurricane-weary tourists in 2011 to “get the hell back on the beach," New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is on another, softer, mission to lure visitors back to the Jersey Shore.
- video Jersey Shore reopens: ‘I didn’t want the storm to beat me’