BAGHDAD — The U.S. military says two American pilots have died in a helicopter crash in Iraq.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wins 'Fight of the Century' Against Manny Pacquiao
- Outlander Recap: Jamie Meets Someone from His Past and Claire Plays Midwife to Jenny
- Decorate the Ultimate Kim Kardashian Fan Cake
- Marchesa Has a New Wedding Dress Collection, and We Think Sofia Vergara (and Other Engaged Celebs) Would Look Perfect in It
- See the Best Celeb Food Photos of the Week from Nick Jonas, Selena Gomez & More
A military statement says the two pilots were killed on Sunday, during a "hard landing" in the Salahuddin province north of Baghdad.
There were no further details in the statement, which was released on Monday.
The names of the pilots are being withheld until the military can notify family members. The statement said the incident is under investigation.
The deaths raise to at least 4,361 the number of U.S. military personnel who have died in the Iraq war since it began in March 2003. That's according to an Associated Press count.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.