BAGHDAD — The U.S. military says two American pilots have died in a helicopter crash in Iraq.
- Orange Is the New Black Stars Win Big in Christian Siriano Gowns
- Watch Those As the World Turns Scenes Julianne Moore Mentioned in Her SAG Award Speech
- The SAG Awards Brought Together Our Favorite '90s Crushes
- Miss Colombia Paulina Vega Wins Miss Universe
- Viola Davis Calls Out Her 4-Year-Old Daughter in Heartfelt SAG Awards Acceptance Speech
A military statement says the two pilots were killed on Sunday, during a "hard landing" in the Salahuddin province north of Baghdad.
There were no further details in the statement, which was released on Monday.
The names of the pilots are being withheld until the military can notify family members. The statement said the incident is under investigation.
The deaths raise to at least 4,361 the number of U.S. military personnel who have died in the Iraq war since it began in March 2003. That's according to an Associated Press count.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.