BAGHDAD — The U.S. military says two American pilots have died in a helicopter crash in Iraq.
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
- What's the One Thing Mulaney Star Martin Short Likes to Cook?
- Why Is Dolly Parton Sending Faxes (Yes, Faxes) to Kelly Clarkson?
- What to Wear on New Year's Eve: This Under-$50 Jewelry
- All the Cleavage (You Heard Us) at the PMAs
A military statement says the two pilots were killed on Sunday, during a "hard landing" in the Salahuddin province north of Baghdad.
There were no further details in the statement, which was released on Monday.
The names of the pilots are being withheld until the military can notify family members. The statement said the incident is under investigation.
The deaths raise to at least 4,361 the number of U.S. military personnel who have died in the Iraq war since it began in March 2003. That's according to an Associated Press count.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.