BAGHDAD — The U.S. military says two American pilots have died in a helicopter crash in Iraq.
- Sofia Vergara: I'm Not Ashamed to Say I Love Making Money
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Pre-Show 2013: Watch Live Stream
- Evan Lysacek Won't Compete at Sochi Olympics Due to Injury
- Kelly Clarkson's (Intentionally) Awkward Family Christmas Photo
- Demi Lovato on Her Drug Abuse: I Would Sneak Cocaine onto Planes
A military statement says the two pilots were killed on Sunday, during a "hard landing" in the Salahuddin province north of Baghdad.
There were no further details in the statement, which was released on Monday.
The names of the pilots are being withheld until the military can notify family members. The statement said the incident is under investigation.
The deaths raise to at least 4,361 the number of U.S. military personnel who have died in the Iraq war since it began in March 2003. That's according to an Associated Press count.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.