BAGHDAD — The U.S. military says two American pilots have died in a helicopter crash in Iraq.
- 127-Year-Old Woman Says She's the World's Oldest Living Person
- Once Upon a Time Teases Elsa's Arrival in Storybrooke with New Trailer (VIDEO)
- Gabrielle Union Shares Photos of Both Her Sexy, Sweet Wedding Gowns! (PHOTOS)
- William and Kate Enjoy a Date Night in the Country
- Chicago Man Agrees to Pay Homeless Little League Champ's Rent for a Year
A military statement says the two pilots were killed on Sunday, during a "hard landing" in the Salahuddin province north of Baghdad.
There were no further details in the statement, which was released on Monday.
The names of the pilots are being withheld until the military can notify family members. The statement said the incident is under investigation.
The deaths raise to at least 4,361 the number of U.S. military personnel who have died in the Iraq war since it began in March 2003. That's according to an Associated Press count.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.